Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Riding mower recommendations?

Back in the 80's the snapper was big. I never mowed with one but a neighbor girl did, and I was a big fan. she had the Snapper with the tiny little steering pedestal in the front with bicycle type of steering handles (no where to hide). She was a fox back then. Scorching hot these days. She would wear a little green bikini with black polka dots. The yard was a little rough and those small wheels combined to make for a teenagers jiggling wet dream.

This was back before stalking was the rage; and laws were passed to prevent it. A boy could drive up and down the road all morning and nobody called the cops. I can see it all like it was yesterday. Sometimes I miss the 80's.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing runs like a Deere. Check out Green Thumb Power Equipment. They are on the east side off of Morse rd. They have all different levels of JD tractors. They also get used trade ins and sell them for a decent price. I have 3 acres and my X340 cuts in in just under 2 hours. I can also pull all sorts of fun stuff. Mine has a 48" cut. If I had it to do all over again I probably would have opted for their L series and a larger mowing deck. The X series is a little heavier duty, but I am not using it for all of the things I thought I would.

The extra cost is worth it in the long run. Green Thumb will also come out and do an onsite annual tune up for you.

Edited by Brazos SC Shooter

Back in the 80's the snapper was big. I never mowed with one but a neighbor girl did, and I was a big fan. she had the Snapper with the tiny little steering pedestal in the front with bicycle type of steering handles (no where to hide). She was a fox back then. Scorching hot these days. She would wear a little green bikini with black polka dots. The yard was a little rough and those small wheels combined to make for a teenagers jiggling wet dream.

This was back before stalking was the rage; and laws were passed to prevent it. A boy could drive up and down the road all morning and nobody called the cops. I can see it all like it was yesterday. Sometimes I miss the 80's.

this sounds like the beginning of a great business plan.

We are the "hooters" of the lawncare biz. watch us work!

:popcorn1:

jiggle it a little, it'll open.

miranda

this sounds like the beginning of a great business plan.

We are the "hooters" of the lawncare biz. watch us work!

:popcorn1:

jiggle it a little, it'll open.

miranda

Seems like everyone has a lawn business on the side sometimes, but you are genius no one has a lawn business like that. Great scenery and cash flow! What is the down side? I need to start recruiting some workers.

The topless maid service went gangbusters here until the vice squad busted the operation....

As far back as the early '70's I remember good looking girls at full service gas stations in Daisy Duke shorts and crop tops...especially around Denver...they got more for their gas, but maybe the scenery was worth it..

You'd have to offer full nude attendants for 3.50 a gallon....LOL

I am thinking bikini clad young ladies ( legal age for voting or older) mowing on zero turn mowers. Perhaps raking leaves and bagging them in the fall. I am think many homeowners would love to watch the work on a Saturday.

la135_464664_large.jpg

The 35 year old JD 140 finally kicked the bucket yesterday. Threw the rod. Would have cost nearly $2K to fix it. Said to heck with that.

Just bought a JD LA135 sight unseen: http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/...O&link=enav

Must be a good machine, since you almost can't buy one. There were maybe 5 to be had anywhere in the Pac NW. I had to beg to have mine shipped in from ID. FWIW, I talked to the rep and he said that the JD with the 42 deck and the v-twin was the shniznit. Quietest, most durable, and the 42" deck was best for bagging. The 48" would clog. I really like the fact that it has an oil filter.

We'll find out for sure when it shows up on Thursday.

• 1 year later...

When I moved onto my ~2 acres, I bought a Bolens lawn tractor. Bolens made many of the "hardware store brand" machines as well: I think MTD bought them, and now makes all the cheap riders. The Bolens worked Ok for a couple of seasons, and then the welds on the deck started breaking, about once every two or three cutings. It was a blessing when the dealer left the oil drain plug out when he returned it one day, and I seized the engine!

The Deere I replaced it with has run beautifully for 15+ years with minimum service. Best investment I've made.