Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your bicycle pics!

G-ManBart

Thought it was about time that we started a thread for pics of your bikes since it seems we've got a fair number of riders in our midst. I'll start out.

Road bike is a 2006 Orbea Orca, mostly Ultegra 600 with the exception of the cranks, Specialized S-Works carbon bars, and Toupe saddle. Really all it needs is a better set of wheels since they're a bit on the heavy side.

Mountain bike is a 2007 Specialized Epic Expert that's mostly stock. I upgraded the wheels to DT Swiss XR 4.2D's with an XT cassette. My wife has a similar Epic, but it's the women's specific model in a silver and powder blue that is pretty darned cool too.

post-10163-1210207903.jpgpost-10163-1210208063.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago from a newspaper article I wrote about biking:

Epic carbon fibre frame, Campy components.

Only a "few" years ago eh? :ph34r:

Okay, maybe many years for the bike. The picture is from, I think 2002. I was diagnosed in 2001 with coronary artery disease and had a stent inserted, then wrote the article. The years go by so fast after 40. . .

Vulture, I agree, weird . . . and cool!

Ben

Below is a link to the "bike" section of my old website. I put this bike together almost 8 years ago... Sheesh! Doesn't seem that long. Still have it, still looks the same.... except for the dust. ;)

My Bike

To see any of the sub-sections, you'll have to edit the URLs to add the "old/" before the mtb/ in the URL window when you get the 404 error. Sorry.

Edited by cautery

I don't peddle, OR row for that matter.

If it has wheels and no motor, I don't get in it or on it, IF it floats and has not motor, I don't get in it!!!

NO EXCEPTIONS

That's okay....everyone has their own challenges to deal with :roflol:

Wow Bart, you guys have twin mountainbikes, that's awesome! I rode Specialized bikes for years and really like their stuff. I'm a mountainbiker myself and always felt that roadbiking was good mainly for training to be a better mountainbiker! It's also a pretty good form of transportation as far as getting from "point A" to "point B" goes (environmentally friendly and all that). As far as most fun per mile and overall fitness, I give the nod to mountainbiking for sure.

I've got an Ellsworth Truth that unfortunately hasn't seen many miles yet (250 miles if I'm lucky). I've found that getting out to ride is getting harder and harder. I guess that's a +1 for the roadies; they just get the bike out and pedal. I've got to find my way to some dirt first! Truth be told, if I could afford a road bike then I'd have one and probably spend more time on it then the Ellsworth, just out of sheer convenience of course. I'll post a pic of my ride when I get a chance...

I don't peddle, OR row for that matter.

If it has wheels and no motor, I don't get in it or on it, IF it floats and has not motor, I don't get in it!!!

NO EXCEPTIONS

Probably a smart move, I am with you there.

IMGP0448.jpg

I know I read somewhere on this forum someone's description of what if feels to ride.

It really opens up the senses. You notice more going at speed slower than in an automobile, visually, sounds and after a long ride food and drink taste so much better.

Attached is my Lemond Alpe d'huez before it's most recent paint job. This had the frame geometry closest to the road bike I started with, a Bridgestone RB-1.

Frame is a little stiff as it's aluminum, but it makes for a very lightweight bike with a mix of Campy Record, FSA and gravity one (I think that's the name) brakes.

ibis1.jpg

For the trails here's my IBIS "hardtail" at the shop before I took it home several years ago and before they cut down the stem.

Edited by Albert

Zero Gravity brakes? Nice.... B)

I like the hardtail too, nice color.

Thanks. Zero Gravity. It's been too long off the bike when you forget what you installed on the bike. I need to get back on and log some miles.

Single Pivot Power! I don't need no stinkin' dual pivot!

Edited by Albert

Thanks. Zero Gravity. It's been too long off the bike when you forget what you installed on the bike. I need to get back on and log some miles.

I'm glad to see some hardtails out there. I have a dually but really feel more in control and connected when on my hardtail...even more so when I ride my fully rigid bike...man old man back doesn't like it much though. <_<

I used to have an Ibis Mountain Trials bike...no typo Ibis made a few observed trials bikes back in the day. I called them to get info and the guy was really stoked that those bikes were still around. I think he said they built 10-20 of them...I traded it for a NIB set of XTR V brakes when they first came out.

i dig that color too!!

I'm glad to see some hardtails out there. I have a dually but really feel more in control and connected when on my hardtail...even more so when I ride my fully rigid bike...man old man back doesn't like it much though. <_<

I used to have an Ibis Mountain Trials bike...no typo Ibis made a few observed trials bikes back in the day. I called them to get info and the guy was really stoked that those bikes were still around. I think he said they built 10-20 of them...I traded it for a NIB set of XTR V brakes when they first came out.

i dig that color too!!

Thanks. That's the Alibi that Ibis contracted with Kinesis to build for them. I got to try one at one of the bike shows in Anaheim and decided that's the affordable Ibis for me.

I remember negotiating my Bridgestone MB-Zip around Moab Rim trying to chase a couple guys in our group with those new fangled shock things on the front of their bike. I don't have any reason to justify a dually. I think you can push a hardtail around more due to the weight, but it does require more attention and weight shifting.

I remember working briefly at small satellite bike shop, Elliott Bay Bikes at the north end of Greenlake here in Seattle and that shop had "shop bike" that was an Ibis Trials bike with a 24" up front and 20" rear. That bike was hard to keep the front wheel down, it always wanted to naturally pop up on the rear wheel.

I wish I hadn't sold my Ibis Hakkalugi cross bike.

That's what I like so much about the Epic. With the Brain on the rear it acts like a hardtail until you want the shock to work for you. Being more of a road guy it feels weird to have the rear moving around on me, but I don't get that sensation with the Epic.....you can hammer hard and not feel the rear move at all. R,

That's what I like so much about the Epic. With the Brain on the rear it acts like a hardtail until you want the shock to work for you. Being more of a road guy it feels weird to have the rear moving around on me, but I don't get that sensation with the Epic.....you can hammer hard and not feel the rear move at all. R,

I'm way faster on my 3" XC bike than a hardtail. I don't have to worry about the small bumps and can keep putting the power down.

That's the beauty of the Blur as well. the design of the rear suspension locks it out when you pedal, its the fastest and best handling bike I have ever ridden and I have ridden a whole lot of 'em!

The Epic is also an amazing bike, esp when coupled with the brain shock.

I'm way faster on my 3" XC bike than a hardtail. I don't have to worry about the small bumps and can keep putting the power down.

Faster - maybe for me, but longer for sure with the dually. When I get tired or have crashed, etc my (Kona Kikapu Deluxe) dually let's me ride like crap. I mean I don't have to pick lines or worry with rock sticks etc. just keep sitting and keep grinding.

I think my hard tail is like an old ferrari (in my mind) sports car. VERY responsive but not as high tech. With no hydraulic brakes to slow me down, only a couple inches travel up front, but man can she carve...and weighs next to nothing.

I need to get some pics up...

That's the beauty of the Blur as well. the design of the rear suspension locks it out when you pedal, its the fastest and best handling bike I have ever ridden and I have ridden a whole lot of 'em!

The Epic is also an amazing bike, esp when coupled with the brain shock.

Colin? Do you ride Caesar's Creek? Race Butler? Your name sounds familiar...

Hard to argue with the blur too

Not my bike, but bike related...

I occasionally get to drive this machine:

post-12461-1210916602.jpg

(work Neutral Support for a friend's company (OnSupport) at a few of the stages of the Nature Valley Grand Prix)

Pic's of my ride are in the classifieds...