Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dazed & Confused ... 627 .38 Super Prices ...

AultGM

I have a Like New 627 8-shot .38 Super with less than 200 rounds through it advertised on the USPSA Classifieds at $1700.00 including Case, Accessories, Paperwork, (30) New Hearthco Moonclips, & (10) Shoot-a-Moon Holders ...

Some guy just emailed me and said he can buy them all day for $950.00 ...

Anyone out there have a line on these at that price ? ... I want to buy a truck load ...

I have a Like New 627 8-shot .38 Super with less than 200 rounds through it advertised on the USPSA Classifieds at $1700.00 including Case, Accessories, Paperwork, (30) New Hearthco Moonclips, & (10) Shoot-a-Moon Holders ...

Anyone out there have a line on these at that price ? ... I want to buy a truck load ...

IMHO you have as much chance of selling that gun for $1700 as I have of buying one for $400.

Bob

$1700 is in the ballpark on Gunbroker.Thats about the only place I see them.I got to shoot one this weekend,nice gun.Any Super I'd be looking at in that price range is going to have a dot,a comp,and hold 3X as much ammo though.-Mike

I think the guy who emailed you be mistaken. There were only 500 8 shot supers made. Hell, those moonclips even appreciate!!! Dave B)

$1,700 is pretty ridiculous. But I'd love to know who thinks he can find 627-4s all day long for $950! They haven't been trading in that range for quite a long time now. He must be thinking of the regular .38/.357 8-shooters.

IMHO you have as much chance of selling that gun for $1700 as I have of buying one for $400.

Bob

Check these recent GunBroker auctions, then re-think your opinion ...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95168296

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94450440

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95849971

Edited by AultGM

It's not that the guns are worth more, it's just that the dollar is worth so much less than it used to be even a few years ago. Just check the $ against the Euro.

Put the revo in whatever venue will provide the best market for you.

I listed it in the USPSA Classifieds so as to give a fellow shooter a chance at it prior to a general public offering ... I paid plenty for it when I purchased it, and the Moonclips/Holders are easily another $400.00 retail, so the pistol is actually selling for around $1300.00 ...

Please forgive me for even posting this in the Revolver Section ... It should now be in the Classifieds ...

I was just curious to know if anyone had heard of a new batch of these revolvers being offered by S. & W. and my question has been answered ... Thanks to all who repllied

I recently got rid of mine but it involved trading a whole lot of stuff on both sides. I'd be hard pressed to put a dollar value on the gun alone. If S&W had made them with the proper cylinder throat to bore dimensions and made them so they'd fire without moonclips (how hard could that be, really?) they'd be worth much more and I probably would've kept mine.

Dave Sinko

My goodness, you guys think $1,700 is too much...

That's what I paid for my 625JM last December.

The 627PC (.38/.357) is $2540 here, brand new.

A plain-jane 6" 686 is $1540, brand new.

Aaargh!!! *bangs head against wall*

I listed it in the USPSA Classifieds so as to give a fellow shooter a chance at it prior to a general public offering ... I paid plenty for it when I purchased it, and the Moonclips/Holders are easily another $400.00 retail, so the pistol is actually selling for around $1300.00 ...

Please forgive me for even posting this in the Revolver Section ... It should now be in the Classifieds ...

I was just curious to know if anyone had heard of a new batch of these revolvers being offered by S. & W. and my question has been answered ... Thanks to all who repllied

There is one on GB right now for $1400 and no bids. one guy bought two of the links you posted. If you check his feedback he actually bought 3 from $1300-$3000. Maybe he wants to collect all 500.

a friend with our club is the Blood Hound of deals, last year he found a 38 supper 627 at the :surprise: Gun Show he offers $650 and the guy sold it to him, it was =near new= <_< He wont sell it, He finds stuff like that all the time.

I "Parted Ways" with my 627 .38 Super about six months ago...bought it two years ago, NIB, for $999...figure I got about $1400 for the gun, and another $300 for the case of Federal American Eagle .38 Super "Ball" ammo that went with it.

The gun was "NIB" when I got it, and went out the same way...FWIW, I actually got a nice S&W 360, a pretty nice five-inch 686 "Plus"--a "Built-Up Gun", though, not an original--and $800 in cash for the 627 and case of ammo...I THINK I did okay....mikey357

I know a person that owned one and he must have been hard pressed for cash because he just gave it to my brother (snubby). :rolleyes:

It has a Randy Lee trigger job and Hammer. Great gun.

The front sight is bugger up from him messing with it and it needs to be replaced. Snubby needs new moons for it as the starline brass is much to loose to effectively reload with the moons that came with the gun.

I know a person that owned one and he must have been hard pressed for cash because he just gave it to my brother (snubby). :rolleyes:

Don't you just hate it when someone just gives you a gun. <_< . Oh well it is a tough life and someone's got to do it. Also don't tell the owner we had to slightly tap the front site with a BFH to get it close. Sort of squeezed the bore together at the end when we missed but it help a bunch. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up another one a couple months later with a box of 300 moonclips and 1500 once fired cases for about $1K

300 moonclips?????? Holy crap--that's 2,400 rounds!

(Maybe you can trade the 300 regular moonclips for 30 Hearthco moonclips.) ;)

If anybody out there is really hot to obtain a Carmonized 627-4 in .38 Super, PM me.