Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load for 9mm clays

chef

I bought the 650xl I spent over 5hrs trying to get a good load for 9mm clays (powder) 115gr Win. FMJ-HOLLOW BASE Can any one help me out?

Thanks

Chef

I gave up. I like it so much in .45 I really wanted to make it work but, couldn't. In my Glocks, I tried virtually every combination of Clays under 115's and got less than acceptable accuracy. FWIW, I've seen reports of it working much better under 147's. If you're looking for "softie" loads with the 115's you may have better luck with WST or Solo-1000. I load 4.0 grains of S-1000 under the 115's for my wife's plinking load and they do fine...fairly accurate, clean & soft, cycles the gun OK.

3.5 to start and chrono up. OAL at around 1.13". I have shot a good bit of it and not had accuracy problems, same with 124's. 147's are getting a bit hairy pressures to make 130 power factor in most guns, if you want to load 147's you MUST chrono map them.

I bought the 650xl I spent over 5hrs trying to get a good load for 9mm clays (powder) 115gr Win. FMJ-HOLLOW BASE Can any one help me out?

Thanks

Chef

I gave up. I like it so much in .45 I really wanted to make it work but, couldn't. In my Glocks, I tried virtually every combination of Clays under 115's and got less than acceptable accuracy. FWIW, I've seen reports of it working much better under 147's. If you're looking for "softie" loads with the 115's you may have better luck with WST or Solo-1000. I load 4.0 grains of S-1000 under the 115's for my wife's plinking load and they do fine...fairly accurate, clean & soft, cycles the gun OK.

What was the oal with wst?

Thanks

Chef

Using a 115 grain Rainier @ OAL of 1.156 I found 4.4 to 4.7 grains WST shot pretty well and cycled a G-34 fine. I noted in my records that groups tended to open up on me above 5.0 grains, YMMV.

Thanks

Chef

Using a 115 grain Rainier @ OAL of 1.156 I found 4.4 to 4.7 grains WST shot pretty well and cycled a G-34 fine. I noted in my records that groups tended to open up on me above 5.0 grains, YMMV.

Thanks A bunch

my only Clays data is

3.7gr, 135 FMJ, 980fps, Fed 100, CZ75

3.6gr, 124JHP, 990fps, Fed 100, CZ SP01

Did you get that backwards?

actually no..the chrono was done at different times..

at one time..when I had a different CZ75b..I ran the same load through that SP01 and the 75b..and there was about 30fps difference in barrels..so that does not surprise me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just chrono'd my very first load today. Temp was in the mid to high 50s.

115gr Montana Gold JHPs, 3.7gr Clays, OAL at 1.125 (Starting load as listed by Hodgdon) with CCI small pistol primers:

Average of 10 shots:

SA 1911 full size: 1078

HK P2000: 1061

Walther P99: 1068

Also have data for 124gr MG JHPs if anyone needs it. 3.6gr Clays w/OAL at 1.150 and Winchester primers, velocities in the 990-1010 range with the above three guns.