Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Design Question

No-shoots are OK but . . .

Various sizes of metal plates may be used, however, metal plates must not be used exclusively in a course of fire. At least one authorized paper target or Popper must be included in each course of fire.

No-shoots are OK but . . .

Various sizes of metal plates may be used, however, metal plates must not be used exclusively in a course of fire. At least on authorized paper target or Popper must be included in each course of fire.

OK. Thanks for that!

I was planning on making the stage longer anyway, since it seemed a little short.

What is the procedure?

Oh, sorry.

Start in Box A or Box B. Shoot plates from Box A or Box B.

The idea being that it tempts people to shoot all the steel from one box, saving time but risking hitting the no-shoots.

You may have to either increase the distance to target, reduce the distance between boxes, or both. I like the conundrum you are trying to create, but, as the stage is currently designed, I don't see too many people moving between boxes. The shots are too easy at 26' and the distance too far between boxes at 21' feet to bother moving, IMHO.

You may have to either increase the distance to target, reduce the distance between boxes, or both. I like the conundrum you are trying to create, but, as the stage is currently designed, I don't see too many people moving between boxes. The shots are too easy at 26' and the distance too far between boxes at 21' feet to bother moving, IMHO.

Yes, I see your point. There probably is a sweet spot that will make people think about it. Getting the right angles and distances may be a trial and error thing.

I can work out the angles in google sketch. Anyone want to suggest the distances to use?

Maybe I'll set it up at a practice session and use myself as a guinea pig.

Set a paper target at ground level, centered below the plate rack. Put a couple of no shoots

in front of the paper far enough that you can't see the paper from either box, only see it when

pretty much right in front of it.

Stage procedure: Engage steel from within either box, paper as visible. That forces the shooter

to make the move from box to box, and also kicks up the disaster factor while engaging

the paper on the run from box to box.

There's a reason they call me

Evil Bill

Set a paper target at ground level, centered below the plate rack. Put a couple of no shoots

in front of the paper far enough that you can't see the paper from either box, only see it when

Stage procedure: Engage steel from within either box, paper as visible. That forces the shooter

to make the move from box to box, and also kicks up the disaster factor while engaging

Evil Bill

Quit corrupting stage designers Bill. If you complain about one of Bill's stages, he just makes it more difficult next match. Although I must say your stages are quite the challenge. :devil:

Evil Bill

I like it.