Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oldest RL1050 press?

Hello: I was just wondering who has an old RL1050 press and is still using it. I just bought an old RL1050 that is silver finished(nickel plated maybe?) and it is number 867. The primer system is a little different than the newer/old RL1050 I have. I wonder if Dillon knows who has the oldest RL1050 press out there? Thanks, Eric

Hello: It is in the secret place. Ok, it is on the frame on the bottom facing the table you have it bolted to. It is etched in by hand. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Any chance we can see a photo of the serial number placement?

I also have an old RL1050!

Mine (the only one not bolted down right now) has the letter "V" struck into it with a letter punch. No date.

So you have a 1050 that is not being used... That's like having a sober clone of Lindsay Lohan lying around the attic somewhere, unused...

Mine (the only one not bolted down right now) has the letter "V" struck into it with a letter punch. No date.

So you have a 1050 that is not being used... That's like having a sober clone of Lindsay Lohan lying around the attic somewhere, unused...

True..So true.... But that fact must be tempered by I DO have (insert 4 other sex kittens names here) in my "Our Man Flint" rotating round party bed and they ARE in use right now...

How ever nice it is a man only needs so much at any one moment.... :closedeyes:

How ever nice it is a man only needs so much at any one moment.... :closedeyes:

I wholeheartedly disagree :lol:

Mine was purchased in April, 1989. It's nickel plated and still being used (although not as much as it used to be). Regular cleaning and lubrication is all it seems to require to keep running. It was purchased after dealing with a C and H (Auto Champ I believe) and finding out a Dillon 550 did not load fast enough.

I bought a 1050 in the 80s and I'm thinking '87 or '88. It is nickel finished one.

I had a C-H 3 stage press (they went to 4 right after that) and a 550.

I still use the 1050 alot as it's now a .40. .38 Super, 9mm, and .45.

I remember paying $800+ for it when I made only about $15,000 a year.

My wife thought I was nuts paying so much for a reloading press.

I still have the 1050........

In any case I went to buy a RL1000 (even more money) and they had just quit selling them due to the new 1050.

Anybody know what year that was?

I gave the 550 to my best buddy who then kept one in both primers sizes.

I still use the CH for rifle stuff.

Hello: My press was originally bought on January 4 1990.I know that since I received the original owners manual and invoice. I also have a brochure from 1996. The press sold for $895 in 1990. I want to thank Larry Burchfield for all the great stuff I received with the RL1050 I bought from him. I just wish UPS did not lose the case feeder arm :-( Keep these presses working like the should be. Thanks, Eric