Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA NEWS - Kirksville’s Bragg Has Big Weekend Capturing Three Titles

Erhardt

Kirksville’s Bragg Has Big Weekend Capturing Three Shooting Titles

Sedro-Woolley, WA — If all he did was take the United States Practical Shooting Association’s (USPSA) Area 6 Limited Division title it would have been a big weekend for Emanuel “Manny” Bragg of Kirksville, Missouri. But shooting just one match wasn’t part of his plan so Bragg shot three matches, in three different time zones, in three days and won them all.

On Friday, Bragg took the Limited Division title at USPSA Area 6 match in Covington, Georgia by winning four of the 12 stages and finishing in the top three in eight. He then flew to Ft. Collins, Colorado to compete Saturday in the Rocky Mountain 300 Championship where he finished High-Overall in Limited. On Sunday in Houston, Texas he again claimed the Limited title at the Space City Challenge.

“This was what I call my ‘Ironman’ weekend,” said Bragg. “Taking on three matches across the country in just three days wears you down but coming out on top makes it all worthwhile.”

Bragg, who competes under the Xtreme and STI team banners, is one of the country’s top Limited shooters. He also serves as the Area 3 Director for USPSA which encompasses the states of Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.

“As an Area Director for USPSA, I appreciate the great effort that goes into putting together a major match. The volunteers and staff in Area 6 always run an exceptional and challenging competition, this being one of the toughest yet. I was lucky enough to win it two years ago and after a rather poor performance last year, returning to the ‘winner’s circle’ sure felt good,” explained Bragg.

The USPSA Area 6 Championships were held at the South River Gun Club in Covington, Georgia. A total of 335 top shooters competed in USPSA’s Open, Limited, Limited-10, Production, Revolver and Single Stack divisions.

– 30 –

About USPSA: The United States Practical Shooting Association is a non-profit membership association affiliated with the International Practical Shooting Confederation (I.P.S.C.), which is comprised of approximately 67 nations. USPSA’s now 16,500+ members and 350 affiliated clubs make it the largest and fastest growing Practical Shooting sport.

He also won the double tap championship earlier this year!

Manny, hopefully you had better looking ammo at the more recent matches than whay you had at the double tap,,,,haha (from one of your squadmates from the DTC).

Administrator note:

There were about a half-dozen press releases like this one posted. I pulled those for now (advertising). I'm going to keep this one open...as there has already been some discussion on this from the forum members. And, this one wasn't just a "who won a division at an area match (info that is already posted on the forum, btw).

Please keep you further posts on topic (if you wish to talk about the moderation, PM me or Brian).

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator