Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI GP6

shred

Hello Tokarev.

Have you any news ?

Yes. I talked to Chris a few days ago and he told me that my gun had a defective trigger bar. STI is waiting on a replacement from Slovakia. Maybe they need to stock some extra parts here in the US...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tokarev.

Have you any news ?

Yes. I talked to Chris a few days ago and he told me that my gun had a defective trigger bar. STI is waiting on a replacement from Slovakia. Maybe they need to stock some extra parts here in the US...

Tokarev,

I just checked my GP6 and the safety does move past the stopping point slightly, but everything still works. I hope you get yours back soon. I have only shot one local match with mine, but I love it! I am having mag pouches made for it and have spoken to STI about sights. Other than the sights the gun is built to race with. Just for your info, they do make a bigger mag button, STI tells my dealer that they are on the way. I can't wait to get sights and mag button so I can run it hard and see how it hold up. Feel free to IM me if you have any questions or porblems, it is good to find someone who has one!

Some updates via STI SkinnErgram:

We'll also have on display more profferings from our association with Slovakia. One will closely resemble the GP6 but will be a Double Action Only model. The other will be called the P1 and will be, basically, a GP6 that has been shortened by about 3/4" and will have a chrome colored slide. All the same internals.

Not on display, but coming in May, will be the GP6-C (competition model). Same pistol as the GP6 except it will have adjustable rear sights, fiber optic front sight, over size thumb safety, and 20 round magazines as standard.

I am gonna wait for the GP6-C. Too bad it would come in a 5" version... ;)

Hello Tokarev.

Have you any news ?

Tokarev,

I just checked my GP6 and the safety does move past the stopping point slightly, but everything still works. I hope you get yours back soon. I have only shot one local match with mine, but I love it! I am having mag pouches made for it and have spoken to STI about sights. Other than the sights the gun is built to race with. Just for your info, they do make a bigger mag button, STI tells my dealer that they are on the way. I can't wait to get sights and mag button so I can run it hard and see how it hold up. Feel free to IM me if you have any questions or porblems, it is good to find someone who has one!

Chris told me that they have--or will have very soon, I can't remember which--a fiber optic front sight available.

I can't wait either. Not sure how long it will take to get approved. Not sure if the standard GP-6 is approved as of yet. So go out and buy on ASAP! :)

Haha I wish! I've only handled one at the vendors tent during the LPR Nats last year. Felt very balanced, good trigger pull and reset from what I remember. I'd like to shoot one before I go out and buy it...

Cool, I want to try mine out after I make some new sights. The sights suck.

Has anybody tried to contact the factory to see about getting some of the available sights imported? Maybe they've got an exclusive marketing agreement with STI on that stuff?

I received my pistol back from STI this afternoon. The trigger appears to be operating properly now since I can leave my thumb on top of the safety without causing any issues.

I don't know if STI did a little trigger tune while they were in there or maybe it was the previous defective trigger bar but the new trigger feels really great. It's lighter and smoother than it was before.

Has anybody tried to contact the factory to see about getting some of the available sights imported? Maybe they've got an exclusive marketing agreement with STI on that stuff?

At the world shoot i have talked with Mr Skinner and normaly dawson must have new sight availlable very soon.

So now in europe there are a lot of sights availlable for the K100 (FO front, FO Rear FO, Dynamic Rear, Adjustable,.....).

Doplnky_svetlovodna_mucha.JPG

You can find all the accesories availlable here :

K100 ACCESORIES

very nice trigger for a Da/SA ....I handled one the other weekend. The SA reset is great and has very little overtravel,...trigger breaks clean. I did not like the sights,..but that is easily changed. A bigger thumb rest would be great.

Andrew,

I did call the factory about a week ago and they said they did have a batch of Fiber Optic sights but they went really quick. They do have more on order. The guy on the phone said they were about $42.00 at retail price. Also said they have a adjustable rear or different fixed rear (I assume they are the same from the Grand Power website) but do not have them in yet. They were really expensive though about $90.00 for the fixed rear and $105.00 for the adjustable! Hopefully Scott will build some for us at a reasonable price.

• 1 month later...

thanks for the reply canuck! :cheers: followup question to all gp6 owners out there: how does the gp6 compare to other production guns like the shadow, glock, etc. in your experience? factors like splits, muzzle flip, accuracy.

thanks for the reply canuck! :cheers: followup question to all gp6 owners out there: how does the gp6 compare to other production guns like the shadow, glock, etc. in your experience? factors like splits, muzzle flip, accuracy.

Not that my opinion means much, but I think you need to start out with a simple question. Plastic or steel? If you like plastic, carry on. If at your heart, you're a steel fan, than the CZ SP01 Shadow is something you need to look at long and hard.

The GP6 in my opinion has a much better grip feel, and reduced muzzle flip than the Glock. The trigger is so superior to the striker fired Glock that there just isn't any comparison. Accuracy has much to do with the nut on the end of the handle, so all I can say is mine is very accurate.

I don't think the GP6 is so great that Shadow owners will be selling up and re-equiping. However, if you like combat polymer, you will very likely like the GP6.

Hmmm !!!!

As you know I like to play "devils abdicate" for future projects on new in-coming competition guns.

... now the wheels are turning and I'm pulling my hair as to designing a working compensator in a "rotating barrel" :unsure::surprise: :surprise: <_<

Should be easy :roflol: . Fit the comp to the slide and have the barrel fit unside the comp without touching the comp <_< . I know absolutly nothing about comps.....so I'm sure that won't work for some reason, but it should give you a place to start.

Buddy

• 4 months later...