Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting for the phone dude

got glock

Called on Monday, hoped to be the first in line for a Fri appointment, requested early AM. They said no problem. We will be there between 8 and 5. Yep it is 4:30 in MO with no phone dude. Hope he is here soon, people are at the range setting up tomorrows match and I want to help. There's another wasted day. Thanks for listening.

Yeah, that situation bites. Like they can't narrow it down more than a 9 hour window? Please...total BS. Here we get the same spiel, but then they don't show up at all and don't even bother to call to let you know. I've taken a whole day's vacation time to be around for these jokers and had them not show...not that I'm paid like a king, but that's an expensive day for me....I could have been out doing something I wanted to do rather than waiting on some inconsiderate jerk :angry2:

Yeah, that situation bites. Like they can't narrow it down more than a 9 hour window? Please...total BS. Here we get the same spiel, but then they don't show up at all and don't even bother to call to let you know. I've taken a whole day's vacation time to be around for these jokers and had them not show...not that I'm paid like a king, but that's an expensive day for me....I could have been out doing something I wanted to do rather than waiting on some inconsiderate jerk :angry2:

The phone guy, the cable guy, the sattelite guy, the appliance repair guy, they're all about the 8 to 5 thing. Like we have the time...right. <_<

You need a service like my wife's business offers. She'll sit and wait at your house for you so you don't have to. It comes at a price, but hey, like others have said, you could be doing something else more important.

I couldn't agree more. What pleasantly surprised me a few years ago was when one of the local TV cable companies missed their 4 hour window. I was told the tech would be at my house between 8 and 12, and when he arrived at 12:30 I received the credit on my next bill. I hate that more companies won't put their money where their mouth is like that.

This is not a rebuttal. :unsure:

Don't be too hard on the phone dude when he gets there. He doesn't like it any better than you do. He is probably dispatched by someone in a phone center in another state that has no idea what the phone dude has to do or how long it takes him to get from place to place. I used to be the phone dude. :mellow: