Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is a "Max Trap"?

Dave Gundry

Max Traps are an evil target designed to make me think I can shoot 2 alpha's. Then when they are scored it is one alpha, one mike and one no-shoot. :angry2:<_<

Interesting point you make there.

Any target that swings in front of another represents a shoot through issue. I take it that the front targets swing over the rear and stay there immobile, so that a round on the front target is a hit on the front target and the underlying hole on the rear target is a nonscoring shoot through. Seems also that the two targets in the up position are fairly close, so that it'd be fairly easy to score this way.

Swingers and bobbers that repeatedly cover the rear target might be more of a problem, especially if the front and rear targets are separated by some distance and the shooter puts more than the minimum # of rounds on the scoring target.

It's only an issue if you shoot through the no-shoot <_<.

We got some of these at TASC, thanks Ira :) It showed up on two stages yesterday and it was great fun to shoot and to watch how others deal with it. One stage used one activated by a pressure plate and the other was popper activated. Lots of no shoot head hits from our squad.

We got some of these at TASC, thanks Ira :) It showed up on two stages yesterday and it was great fun to shoot and to watch how others deal with it. One stage used one activated by a pressure plate and the other was popper activated. Lots of no shoot head hits from our squad.

It was quite interesting shooting the Max Trap. I too was there shooting with TASC. Very fun to shoot and a bunch of no shoot head hits from my squad too.

Koz

• 2 years later...

I love the rise out of the coffin description.

MaxTrap- Shoot Target behind, N/S in front. Trip and N/S comes down and exposes Shoot Target. Can be adjusted for time by hight of Target (higher is slower) There are 3 holes in trip arm for weight. Further out the weight, faster it works. Can adjust N/S to how far down it comes by moving collar on rod. Further down, longer time. I designed and build them and I can make it work from 1/2 sec. to 1.2 sec. depending what you want.

Clamshell- Shoot target flat on ground, N/S flat on ground. Trip and the shoot Target comes up, 1/2 sec. later N/S comes up and covers shoot target.

Beartrap- That is a foot activator

Can see pictures of all this stuff at www.gunsteel.com

Later

Max TY-21921

• 13 years later...