Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pics of a free 550

Insurance gun rider hopefully and NRA member with their additional firearm insurance???

Nope. 1000$ from my insurance (for the guns). Several Class 3 toys lost too. When we opened my "fireproof safe" (liberty fire rated) everything wood or plastic was gone, and barrels were bent due to the extreme heat. Exposure time was too long, although the fire dept got there pretty quick, they didnt know where the safe was. I was in Florida visiting my dad over chrismas. They determined it was electrical, but like most, I was WAAY underinsured thinking nothing bad would ever happen.

Edited by TonyTDMD

Too bad about the $1K insurance limit. Some homeowners policies have a "firearms limit", however, there are those that limit it specifically to "loss by theft". If you have a bunch of guns in a safe, you may want to check your policy:). It's also interesting that none of the gun safe companies use UL for fire ratings - those always seem to come from a different lab.

Contacted Dillon this week concerning my press that was damaged in Gustave. I was told that damage due to weather was not covered under the warranty. Got a return number and it will go back this week anyway.

I'm like well yeah it's not your fault at all and I shouldn't expect for you to pick up the tab. Would have been nice if they did however. We'll see what happens.

BTW: The press is already sold. One of the bosses at work wants to get into reloading. The new press that was picked up is doing just fine. A real pain to start all over resetting dies for 5 different calibers however.

Here's what I got back from Dillon - this is the press from the top of this post.

You can see that the frame was repainted - they didn't replace that. Just everything else.

I've seen presses in twice as bad of condition (as your initial post) inline for warranty at Dillon.

be

• 4 weeks later...

Should have taken a few pictures of my neglected XL 650 I picked up but I was in a hurry so I sent it in a week or so ago, total rebuild $53! I'm quite happy about that as most damage (rust) was from neglect. It came with a bunch of rusty Lee dies but I'm replacing those with Dillon 9mm, .223, etc. Bought a bunch of other stuff and Dillon threw in some stuff that was missing, bullet bin, discharged primer tray and some other stuff I can't remember.

THANK YOU DILLON! Another CFL (Customer For Life)

Wildkow