Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how many shoot sigs?

chrisva

I sometimes use my 9mm 226 Elite stainless to shoot my club's practice match. No mods at all, except for changing the fancy wood grips for the more hand-friendly plastic grips. It's great once you get used to the long first shot pull, and then a short second shot. The stainless frame makes for a real soft shooting gun. BTW, is the 226 Elite stainless legal for USPSA production? I'm worried it is too heavy. Thanks.

I sometimes use my 9mm 226 Elite stainless to shoot my club's practice match. No mods at all, except for changing the fancy wood grips for the more hand-friendly plastic grips. It's great once you get used to the long first shot pull, and then a short second shot. The stainless frame makes for a real soft shooting gun. BTW, is the 226 Elite stainless legal for USPSA production? I'm worried it is too heavy. Thanks.

As long as it's not over 2 oz heavier than a stock Elite, you are fine with it in USPSA Production. My SIG All Around is heavier than the Elite and it's legal. It's IDPA that won't let either of us play with our SIGs.

Craig

I sometimes use a Sig P226 in Production. The only mod is TruGlo sights and those are about to go. The front sight broke while my wife was shooting it. She saw it fly over her shoulder when the slide recoiled.... I want to find a thinner fiber sight for it.

• 1 month later...

As long as it's not over 2 oz heavier than a stock Elite, you are fine with it in USPSA Production. My SIG All Around is heavier than the Elite and it's legal. It's IDPA that won't let either of us play with our SIGs.

Craig

I hope the 226 ST Elites are approved in Production, but this links says otherwise ... what gives?

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/production_list.php

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot a P220ST in L-10. I ground the grooves off the front of the trigger with my dremel tool , installed an extended mag release button, and bought some 10 round mags. It works great for me.

Edited by .45 ACP nut

• 5 months later...