Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure-to-Neutralize question

9x45

The current rule book states : This (FTN) penalty applies to any target that does not have at least one (1) four zone (minus 1) or higher value hit. However since each target has a point value of 10, doesn’t this also mean that two -3 (plus 2 points each) scores 4 points and not receive the penalty? Our club has only been giving FTN’s with a -3 and a miss.

and if you miss the -1 10x you have a lot more to worry about than the FTN penalty. :surprise::ph34r::blink::cheers:

I can't say I am proud of what I am about to say but... I shot a match about 5 months ago in which I had a swinging target at 25 yrds, shot at the darn thing four times (for good meassure) and I ended up with only three out of the four rounds on target. Yeap, you guessed it, the other three were on the -3! :blink:

-Cy

PS Yeah, I know I suck; no need to remind me... :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to clarify the FF

You can use drop turners in IDPA

Drop Turners are Permanently disappearing targets and there for will not be assessed FTN's

Swinging targets will be assessed FTN's if you miss -1

Please correct me if I'm wrong want to know if I got it right.

Edited by tonyfalkon

Drop turners- OK in IDPA.

No FTN on disappearing targets.

For the most part you will get a FTN on a swinger, but not always. If for instance there is a no shoot or a prop directly in front of the swinger that causes the swinger to disappear when it stops moving than technically you can't be assessed a FTN.