Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monthly USPSA matches in AZ

KalaniLaker

Hello everyone.

I would like to compete in the Area 2 Desert Classic in the fall. I was wondering which of the following monthly matches at Rio Salado would best prepare me for the Desert Classic. Also, do any of these matches have classifiers?

Tuesday Night Steel

UPPL

Rio Salado Practical Pistol

Hosemasters

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

I would like to compete in the Area 2 Desert Classic in the fall. I was wondering which of the following monthly matches at Rio Salado would best prepare me for the Desert Classic. Also, do any of these matches have classifiers?

Tuesday Night Steel

UPPL

Rio Salado Practical Pistol

Hosemasters

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

UPPL, RSPP and Hosemasters run classifiers. You can see what they have done by going to the uspsa website and selecting "additional content" and the "Classifiers by Club" under the Classification Info section. TNS is not a USPSA match so there is no classifier but it it an excellent match to work on your accuracy.

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

They would all be good for you to shoot. There is a classifier shot at Rio at all of the Red Mountain, Hosemasters, Rio Solado, and Usery Pass Matches. Tuesday Night Steel does not have a classifier as it is not a USPSA match. But these other 4 I listed are USPSA matches at Rio.

Thanks for the information guys. Looks like any free weekend I have I can be shooting. That is great.

Another question, can a shooter enter more than one division at either the monthly matches or Desert Classic? Also, can I sign up to be a USPSA member at one of the monthly matches or should I just sign up on the USPSA website?

Thanks for the information guys. Looks like any free weekend I have I can be shooting. That is great.

Another question, can a shooter enter more than one division at either the monthly matches or Desert Classic? Also, can I sign up to be a USPSA member at one of the monthly matches or should I just sign up on the USPSA website?

Well, with a name like "Wheelie" you should only need one division, no? :rolleyes:

The club (Level I) matches may allow multiple entries. I believe that the major (Level III) matches do not. If you are looking to get multiple classifications under your belt, then ask the clubs if you can re-shoot classifiers for a different division. The re-shoots will not count for match score and normally are done after the stage that you shoot for match score. The clubs normally charge a few bucks to cover the additional processing expense of shooting an extra classification stage.

Probably the quickest way to get membership is to call Sedro and do it over the phone. I have seen some clubs use a "pending" category for new shooters so the classifier scores can be sent in when you finally get a number so you should be able to call today and shoot a classifier for real on Saturday :cheers:

I am not an expert in match management but I have been to a few and I am pretty sure the info above is correct. The experts here will set us straight if we need it, I am sure.

Have fun!

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

There are also other matches in there at the Scottsdale Gun Club and at Ben Avery. I believe there is another club in town as well. If you fell like driving to Tucson there is a match at Pima pistol on the 1st and 3rd Sunday. The 1st Sunday has a classifier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yavapai Recreation League (Prescott) is having a six stage classifer match this Saturday, May 3. I think there is a link on this website to the range. I am not a official, but if you have any questions e-mail me.

TC

Edited by Tin Can