Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So called Instructors

Sestock

I take the various viewpoints from tactical persons that badmouth our shooting sports with a grin and a blank stare.

I know that I can out shoot them anytime...anywhere ;)

That's the bottom line.

IMO the difference between competitors and the tacti-cool crowd is that competitors are open-mined and will try new things to improve. We're fixated on results, not dogma or looking or acting cool.

Edited by chp5

You can take solace in the almost certain knowledge that the guy is probably a 350 lb. 45 year old virgin, still living with his parents and working as a mall security guard. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's a certain crdibility gap. Anyone can be anything on the internet.

Let's see; how did that old saying go?

"Winning an argument on the internet is like winning a race at the Special Olympics." Or something to that effect....

Problem is if we don't occasionally engage the idiots, other people won't know the 'rest of the story' and may end up believing them for a while.

Just have 'em search YouTube for "gunfight videos" and have him report back on the number that used any 'stance' at all.

And send any "you need this sekret stance to handle the massive recoil of the 45 ACP" over to

anyway.. I hate that too..

Not only to Rob and company get brought in to train SWAT, HRT, etc, lets not forget the AMU who bring the things that work from competitive shooting back to the boys in uniform to help make them better. And while Rob and company might not have been in a gunfight, I bet you could find a lot of shooters at any given match who have, either in blue or in camo.

Would any Bad Guy in their right mind want to be in a gunfight with either TGO or Jarrett??? sounds like a death wish to me.

Don't forget that some of the equimpment used by the military is stuff that we started using in USPSA and 3 gun. If competition shooters can't tear it up that is usually a good indicator to the military. A delta operator that I had the privilage to train cqb with suprised me with his pistol choice that he chooses while in Afghanistan and Iraq. It was a SVI .40 with a two port hybrid barrel. All this time I have been told that gamer race guns will just get you killed on the street.