Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

31+1 Reloadable mags.... I just got Mine!

f250sd

Due to the lack of comments, I would say the mags are holding up well :)

Human nature being what it is, I'd suspect the opposite. :ph34r:

It would be good to hear they are still rocking along. I'd expect that they'd need occasional attention and tweaking. They are high-zoot race gun parts, after all.

Anybody have some good data/feedback ??

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been running 31 round 9mm mags based on SV tubes in my gun. They are tuned and set up by a guy I know and he is especially handsome :ph34r: but his contact info will not be provided here.

Mine run great and so far are durable, I have at least 20 loadings each at 31 rounds, I have 5 here and several more of these mags with other people to increase the wear and tear on them beyond what I can do in both 9mm and Super Comp. I had 31+1 with Grams springs and Bolen followers using both Dawson and Bolen basepads but the spring life was only 4 or 5 loadings. That is because spring was being used way outside of what it was designed and intended to do, it was just being being beat to death. Switching to Bolen springs helped but they still need changed out alarmingly quick, 15 loadings or so in my experience. They will run longer than that, probably double that, but I had one quit at something just over 20 loadings I am not willing to risk failure during a match over a $10 or $12 spring. I see a $10 or $12 spring as a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend to play this game. Loading 31 in a 170 puts a severe beating on the spring, loading to 30 rounds only they seem to last indefinitely, so far I haven't replaced a spring in those mags.

They are hard to load, 29 you can thumb in no problem at all and easier than any other 29 round mag I have seen. 30 is a little harder, and some people have a hard time with it as everyones hands are different. 30 seats easily in the gun, I load on the clock or reload to them when needed without a second thought. To stuff 31 in I put pressure on the top round with my thumb, and tap the basepad on my palm or a table to get the rounds to roll down, then I can press the last round in. Some people can't do this with their hands. After loading I put pressure on the top round and smack the basepad on my palm a couple times to get the whole stack moving together. Henning has a video on his site showing how to load his EAA magazines that details the pressure and tap method for anyone that doesn't understand what I am talking about. They seat in the gun but are tight, too tight for you? I don't know, it doesn't bother me and my very thin reduced grip hasn't suffered at all using them yet. To reload to one or load on the clock requires you to remember to seat it firmly, if I seat it like any other mag I have it will fall out.

All in all my experience with them has been positive. I can't comment regarding the mags others have, no one around here is using them that I know of.

I have been running 31 round 9mm mags based on SV tubes in my gun. They are tuned and set up by a guy I know and he is especially handsome :ph34r: but his contact info will not be provided here.

Mine run great and so far are durable, I have at least 20 loadings each at 31 rounds, I have 5 here and several more of these mags with other people to increase the wear and tear on them beyond what I can do in both 9mm and Super Comp. I had 31+1 with Grams springs and Bolen followers using both Dawson and Bolen basepads but the spring life was only 4 or 5 loadings. That is because spring was being used way outside of what it was designed and intended to do, it was just being being beat to death. Switching to Bolen springs helped but they still need changed out alarmingly quick, 15 loadings or so in my experience. They will run longer than that, probably double that, but I had one quit at something just over 20 loadings I am not willing to risk failure during a match over a $10 or $12 spring. I see a $10 or $12 spring as a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend to play this game. Loading 31 in a 170 puts a severe beating on the spring, loading to 30 rounds only they seem to last indefinitely, so far I haven't replaced a spring in those mags.

They are hard to load, 29 you can thumb in no problem at all and easier than any other 29 round mag I have seen. 30 is a little harder, and some people have a hard time with it as everyones hands are different. 30 seats easily in the gun, I load on the clock or reload to them when needed without a second thought. To stuff 31 in I put pressure on the top round with my thumb, and tap the basepad on my palm or a table to get the rounds to roll down, then I can press the last round in. Some people can't do this with their hands. After loading I put pressure on the top round and smack the basepad on my palm a couple times to get the whole stack moving together. Henning has a video on his site showing how to load his EAA magazines that details the pressure and tap method for anyone that doesn't understand what I am talking about. They seat in the gun but are tight, too tight for you? I don't know, it doesn't bother me and my very thin reduced grip hasn't suffered at all using them yet. To reload to one or load on the clock requires you to remember to seat it firmly, if I seat it like any other mag I have it will fall out.

All in all my experience with them has been positive. I can't comment regarding the mags others have, no one around here is using them that I know of.

In my opinion, the guy that did your mag work is kind of ugly!! :surprise:

But, he does do good work!! :cheers: