Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 pistol grip stock

rtr

Anyone have experience with a pistol grip buttstock for a rem 1100? I'm thinking that it might make weakhand reloading a bit easier as the heft of the gun in my right hand makes it hard for me. Seems that holding the pistol grip would mean I was holding the gun up with more of my arm and less with my wrist (as with the oem stock). But I haven't tried it.

Yes an no.

If you hold the gun up against your shoulder while reloading I think it is a toss up as to which one is easier to hold up. I'd favor the standard stock with this technique. While holding a standard stock up I actually don't have a normal firing grip and let my thumb off of the stock. The gun is "sags" on my hand.

But if you take it down and have the butt towards your armpit I think the angle is better (easier to hold up) with the pistol grip.

To me it's the primary reason that I use a PG stock on my 1100's and 870. I usually dismount the gun while reloading.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one on mine. I put it on so that my left thumb can hit the safety (southpaw shooter). Taran Butler uses a pistol grip on his Benelli. I think it helps when doing weak hand reloads. It might get in the way if you flip the shotgun to load it, but I don't know.

Pistol grip stocks may help on heavier guns like the 1100 when weakhand loading if your not that strong in the upper body area, lighter guns like the Benelli's & Winchester SX3 are easy to hold with the standard straight stocks which I believe are actually faster to use.

N