Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW comp

Al Capizzo

I'm hoping somebody that is running an EGW comp in open has some load suggestions. Its a full size gun with no holes in the barrell.

I've tried Longshot, Power Pistol, and 7625. All have been around 168 to 170 PF and 124 MG bullet. So far I'm liking 7625 best, but the dot still seems to be bouncing around more than it did with the original comp (a Briley).

I'm hoping somebody with experience with this comp can give me some help. Maybe another powder? Higher PF loads?

Thanks!

Been running a 7 port EGW cone comp on a 5" gun and after trying lots of different loads, I prefer a 124 gr. montana gold JHP with Ramshot Silhouette powder and 38super comp brass. Similiar burn rate but much cleaner than HS6 and it meters better in the dillon measures.

Al,

You know MY answer. 4756. I've got almost everyone switching. :) 8.4g, 124g MG JHP, load to 1.235. You just want me to load you up some more, don't ya? :)

-Mike

Yup 4756 works well and is very clean........8.5 behind 121 IFP MG!

Yoshidaex,yes, I've got the 7 port 5 chamber comp that the link is to. I haven't tried HS6 in this gun, but did like it in a Brazos comped gun I had for a while.

Mike, what you need to do is sell me some 4756. I can't find any locally, and don't want to order a bunch just to find out its not what I'm looking for.

The 40 or 50 rds I shot of your load did look good, as I remember it.

I haven't tried Silhouette either, I'll see what I can find around here.

Thanks for the replies so far!

A friend shoots N350 from that comp, 8 point something grains with a 125 in a Super and it has almost no dot movement at all. VERY nice shooting comp.

edit: add bullet weight..

Edited by HSMITH

:surprise:

I use EGW comps most all the time and they are a great comp, Ive tryed probably every powder out

their, :blink: True blue works good for 9mm and In my open guns I use N340 my open gun is a 38 super.And Im a firm believer that if ya stick with one powder and shoot the heck out of your gun

that will be the best powder for ya.I dont care for 115 grain bullets in an open gun,

it not only is tuff on 38 super type guns shooting major loads.And in 9mm it seems to make

frequency or concusion vibrations that fools you into thinking your gun is shooting flat.

I also like caspian comps with 38 super hot loads around 185 powerfactor.Which isnt good on the

gun either but I like the feel and noise.Dont do this much anymore gettin too old.

When I shot 9x25 I used an egw 5 port edm comp this comp is a real good comp probably the

best all around comp that Ive used.

Shoot ,shoot and (safely)and you will get to like what ya are using.

Jim/PA

Sailors :devil::mellow: