Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Clubs near Springfield MO

I'm moving from the great state of Michigan to the gorgeous state of Missouri within the next 60 days or so. I have visited every gun shop in the entire state while visiting, and NOBODY seems to shoot here.

Any and all help finding USPSA and IDPA clubs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Joplin Action Pistol Club Shoots on the 4th Sunday of each month.

we have 3-4 Stages and a Classifier round count could exceed 100

contact me or look up information at http://www.joplingunclub.com

We need you to help up our number of shooters and rounds shot to get more slots for the nationals. as it is we only get 1 for the state.

My shop website si located at http://www.tlso.net

Edited by ffl

running from the competition are you? lol

don't forget to pick me up at the airport in tulsa chad.

see you sunday and bring your game.

Looking for some REAL competition Tom. lol

i'll c ya Sunday with my newly modified Master Snuffer.

Pick up in Tulsa... check.

no worries.

Joplin Action Pistol Club Shoots on the 4th Sunday of each month.

we have 3-4 Stages and a Classifier round count could exceed 100

contact me or look up information at http://www.joplingunclub.com

We need you to help up our number of shooters and rounds shot to get more slots for the nationals. as it is we only get 1 for the state.

My shop website si located at http://www.tlso.net

thanks for the info.

how many shooters do you pull each month? any open guns?

looks like i'll be living on the north side of town right off of I-44. how long would you figure the drive to be?

To our range from US65 is aprox. 85 miles

We get some open shooters sometime but most are local guys that shoot Prod, SS, Limited, Revo.

some months we get 10 shooters some months we might get 20

However we will NOT have a match on Easter Sunday Sorry.

Hope to see you in April unless I am out of town to a trade show or shoot.

Sir,

The Central Ozarks Practical Shooters (COPS) have a range facility between Rolla and St Robert Missouri. Right about 75 miles from the edge of Springfield right up (east) on I44.

Weather permitting we shoot USPSA matches on the first Sunday, Steel on the 3rd Saturday and starting this month IDPA on the 4th Sunday. We also host the State match both Steel and USPSA as well as at least 1 3 gun match each year.

Membership is naturally encouraged, but not required and all of the normal club requirements and associated politics are in effect.

any other questions or if you need help please feel free to let me know. jim.shanahan@us.army.mil

or www.advancedperformanceshooting.com and there you will find both of my phone numbers.

More shooters are always welcome!

Now if you were into sporting clays, you'd have it made.

But, in addition to the club in Joplin, you have options if you dont mind shooting down in area 4.

Tontitown Ar. is 2> hrs away and has matches on 2nd Monday nights.

Ft Smith AR. is 3hrs away, matches on 3rd Sundays.

Tulsa, OK. has lots of matches (3 clubs) and is also about 3ish hrs away.

Harrison and Mtn Home AR are just south of you, and both have active clubs.

http://casarange.com/arsection/index.htm

IDPA is headquartered just south of you in Berryville AR. Lots of IDPA in the area.

Interesting note: MO lifted their old jim crow era handgun laws recently.

Handgun sales in MO are on a big upswing. Now would be a great time for

Clubs in MO to promote their clubs and our sport.

Sir,

The Central Ozarks Practical Shooters (COPS) have a range facility between Rolla and St Robert Missouri. Right about 75 miles from the edge of Springfield right up (east) on I44.

Weather permitting we shoot USPSA matches on the first Sunday, Steel on the 3rd Saturday and starting this month IDPA on the 4th Sunday. We also host the State match both Steel and USPSA as well as at least 1 3 gun match each year.

Membership is naturally encouraged, but not required and all of the normal club requirements and associated politics are in effect.

any other questions or if you need help please feel free to let me know. jim.shanahan@us.army.mil

or www.advancedperformanceshooting.com and there you will find both of my phone numbers.

More shooters are always welcome!

Politics?

Is SHE gonna be there too?

Cops from West side of Springfield is 110 miles. Almost all is I-44.Several of us people from Springfield do go there. Harrison, Arkansas also has a club that shoots second Sunday afternoons at a little closer distance. Jeff City is second Saturday but three hours, so is Lenexa, Kansas and Tulsa. All good Clubs and great people. DVC40JIM, it's great to have you home again!

CliffR

Springfield, MO :cheers:

Chad,

There are a few of us that shoot at the COPS range that for many years have "embraced the dark side", the Open Class.......

If you don't mind shooting with and old broke down guy, Cliff or Myself would be happy to squad with you.

I'm not sure which one of us is more broke down.....

Looking forward to meeting you.

Marty

A-7424

St. Louis, MO

Chad,

There are a few of us that shoot at the COPS range that for many years have "embraced the dark side", the Open Class.......

If you don't mind shooting with and old broke down guy, Cliff or Myself would be happy to squad with you.

I'm not sure which one of us is more broke down.....

Looking forward to meeting you.

Marty

A-7424

St. Louis, MO

Thanks Marty I appreciate that very much. If you don't mind I'd like to add you to my friend list so I can contact you after I make the move. :cheers:

No problem Chad.

CliffR will also be a good contact, as he lives in Springfield and knows where the "right spots". are.

Cliff is "tri-divisional", (single stack, limited 10 and production), whereas, for 20 years I have only shot open.

Jim Shanahan is the local Grand Master, and just got back after a year in Afghanistan. Both are great guys!

Please feel free to e-mail me at compgun38@sbcglobal.net.

Have a great and safe move.

Marty

Chad

Welcome to SW MO. You should find a suitable selection of shooting venues to choose from. Generally, you won't have time for them all.

There is another group of 4-5 of us from the Springfield area that attend the matches at COPS and at Twin Lakes Gun Club in Mt Home, AR.

As mentioned, COPS has USPSA the 1st Sunday, Steel matches the 3rd Saturday, and also have CASS shooting and have started some IDPA

I believe. There are also other specialty matches throughout the year and the Fall Classic USPSA match that you won't want to miss.

TLGC has USPSA matches the 1st Saturday of the month. Their Single Stack Match is coming up April 12 and their big 3 gun is Sept 20.

Both of these matches are a lot of fun. TLGC also has benchrest, trap, skeet, and sporting clays. I think IDPA is making a show there too.

More IDPA is available at Berryville at ACPL. It is the 1st IDPA club as it started at Bill Wilson's place. It has moved to a range at Luther Owens

Park at the edge of town. Not sure of shooting dates as most of us have gotten away from IDPA but it's on the IDPA website.

If Bianchi style shooting is of interest, monthly matches are held at Billings, MO on usually the 2nd Sunday. They shoot 3 of the 4 NRA Action

Pistol stages each month March-November. This is about 25 miles from Springfield.

If you are into 3 Gun, June 6,7,8 is the FNH USA 3 gun. This was formerly the CMMG 3 Gun and is held at Fayette, MO, about 170 miles north

of Springfield.

And Tulsa is just 3 hours away from some awesome shooting events, including Nationals.

Look one of us up when you get moved in and we can help you get that burnt powder smell back.

Craig