Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 downstroke problem

OK......Towards the end of the down stroke I get a resistance/drag feeling. Took off the primer system and still have the same problem. Took the tool head off and the arm is smooth as butter. Put the tool head back on and its rough again. There are no cases or primers in the 1050 either. Checked what I could without luck. Any ideas?? Thanks.

On the case feeder..

Make sure the whole case feeder moves smoothly by itself.. check:

Case Feeder plunger glides smoothly

Check that the bolt isn't bent (#13333)

The plunger roller is well greased, and turns smoothly.

Just had the same-sounding problem Friday night; kept feeling worse and finally would not return on the upstroke. Kept removing assemblies until I found that the primer punch was bent. Spoke to Dillon on Saturday morning and a new one is on its way tomorrow. Had to remove the rocker assembly under deprime/prime stations to get to primer punch.

Also can be the primer punch swager is set wrong or the dies have drifted downwards, but the first place I'd check is the priming system linkages-- both the parts under the shellplate and those on the arm.

Bolt Part #13333 was slightly bent. Fixed it, greased the plunger area and roller and now she is smooth again. I cleaned the whole thing and checked everything mentioned here. Thanks everyone

Bolt Part #13333 was slightly bent. Fixed it, greased the plunger area and roller and now she is smooth again. I cleaned the whole thing and checked everything mentioned here. Thanks everyone

Aren't we a helpful bunch ? :)

This is one of the things I like most about BE.Com. Have a problem ? you will get 3 or 4 different things you never thought of. Very cool.

Glad you got it fixed.