Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha (Saul Kirsch) mag pouches & belt

big_kahuna

Did a search on this and came up empty.

I was surfing the Shooter's Connection website and saw the new Double Alpha belt and mag pouches... looking for any feedback on these, especially in comparison to our current equipment (CR speed belt and Safariland pouches). I'm shopping now to complete my son's new Limited rig and would appreciate any input.

mag pouches

belt

Thanks in advance.

They look really good...might be nice to see what holsters will fit that belt. And, will those knobs on the mag pouch survive when going prone?

Nice stuff...I'm also looking for another belt and mag pouch set-up.

I emailed saul about the pouches. He said he has been using them since september and likes them a lot. I did not ask about the belt. I asked him about shipping. He told me Chuck was getting them and I could order there. Saul always answers email.

Chuck told me the belts were like the CR belt.

I got a AA belt not long ago, and I love it, my CR was in need of a rest :) the belt is very stiff and slightly wider so the mag pouches don't twist on or do they need anything to stay in place, the limcat had to trim before I could get them in, the inner belt actually fit in normal belt loops... I also have one of his magnet holder...nice

Edited by dansy

Chuck told me the belts were like the CR belt.

FWIW, the belt is just a tad wider, making the pouches and holsters fit tight. I had some minor shifting with my CR-Belt and CR-Holster after thousands of draws. The DAA-belt shouldn't have this.

I have no experience though.

Sauls new belts are great! They're a bit stiffer than the CR Speed product and seem to fit about the same.

The magnetic pouches are the strongest out there and are highly recommended if you need that sort of thing.

The mag pouches are great! I use them with STI/SVI mags in Standard but don't have lots of practical experience with them as they just came out... Can't say how they'll hold up under lots of prone abuse since my pouches have to be behind hip bone.

You mean the pouches have magnets to help retention? ;) Thats pretty cool!

No.

Saul has a "pouch" that is basically a big magnet. It is designed for stages when you have to pick all of your mags off a table and thus attach them to the big magnets rahter that trying to stuff them in a pouch and waste time. Check out the video on his sight. http://www.doublealpha.biz

Mike

I think Eric Grauffel carries those too in his website. Looks cool! :D

Eric's ones are from CR-Speed !

I've just bought a couple last week, during a shooting course: great stuff, and great quality !

It helps A LOT during table draws, where the start position is with the gub and ALL the mags on the table ....