Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi Classic

hopalong

As seen in the Last Shots forums, Tim Lott from Mississippi has reloaded his wheelgun his last time. :(

Tim was a constant on the Mississippi Revolver scene and will be sorely missed. :closedeyes:

Now that it is early enough. We should all try to make the Mississippi Classic and shoot in HONOR of Tim. :cheers:

Hopalong

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No competition from Kansas this year. They went with a SS only venue and it's not even a "SANCTIONED" Match. They're not going to even send in the activity as a club match. Quite disappointing.

Having a hard time justifying a trip to Mississippi on my own though, I'm still reeling from building a Limited set up, buying a Production set up and going to the '07lpRNats.

The only competition this year will be the SW ICORE Regional in Richmond on Saturday May 17. But you never know about those California Boys.

I would love to be there but I am recovering from hip replacement surgery. Hopeful by the middle of the summer I will be able to do something I have not been able to do my entire USPSA carreer... RUN!!!

Hop, send everyone my best.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, if you check the match anoucements section you will see that John has sent in the stages for approval. We want the wheel gunners to make a showing this year. I missed out on reviewing the stages, but I know John and the rest of the guys picked the good ones. Crank it up and get to Jackson for a wheeling good time. :cheers:

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

• 3 weeks later...

James,

That is GREAT !!!!

Hope you can swing it, along with any and all other wheel gunners or aspiring wheelgunners. I have talked with Jerry M. he will not be able to make it this year so the trash talking and other fun stuff may commence.

See ya'll then.

Hop

Hopalong I will try and make it to shoot fri with the ro's if i can i will shoot my wheelgun!!! This should be a kick in the azzz!!!

James, You send in your entry and mark Revolver and I am sure that we can talk Big John in to letting you shoot with the RO's. Where were you this week-end? Missed you at the Southern Regional. That was a GREAT match. Annette, Elliot, Gary, Barbara and the rest of the crew out-did themselves.

I spoke with John and he said no problem. I will need to see if I can schedule vacation for that day when I get back to work. I had my second little boy(Aiden Patrick) on the March 17th so I had to sit this on out. I was going to try and get over there sun. but never could do it. glad yall had a good time. Those guys put on a great match.

post-3621-1207026552.jpg

I spoke with John and he said no problem. I will need to see if I can schedule vacation for that day when I get back to work. I had my second little boy(Aiden Patrick) on the March 17th so I had to sit this on out. I was going to try and get over there sun. but never could do it. glad yall had a good time. Those guys put on a great match.

Quit being so damn modest. You, my friend, helped for the prize table to reach over $12,000!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Scott,

Since last year you said that if James would shoot a wheelgun you would, are you ?

Hop. ;)

If I could get vacation AND permission from the wife, I'd be there with bells on!

Deal still stands for the Gator Classic this year. Was gonna shoot SS at the Gator. If you and James are there with the wheel guns, I will be too. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Shooting generally done by just before noon, and prizes/trophies within an hour or so...........usually some stage take down involed between last shot and trophies.

Don't look for a "revolver" squad except on Friday.Many locals that work the match will be running a wheel.

See you next weekend and then there Bill.

Hop

Well app. is going in the mail tomorrow. Lets see no laoded ammo or even load data, gun not sighted in, Haven't shot this wheelgun or any gun in about 7 months. This will be a blast!!! WATCH OUT HOPALONG!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

James,

Darn, I'll have to work friday so I won't even get to see you having such a large time. :(

Oh well, at least you'll have the most fun you've ever had in a shooting match. without running over me at that ! :wacko:

Hope to see you there before you get gone.

Hop

Well, it's May 1st. Stages are up on the match website. I encourage everyone to review them and please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or notice any issues.

Oh, and Sam's right. We do have a bunch of wheel gunners shooting with the RO's on Friday, but if we get a few more signed up (only need about four or so) and you guys are interested, I have no problem shuffling things around to make a revolver squad. As long as everyone is in agreement, I'll leave it up to you guys.

Thanks,

John