Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manually cock hammer after start signal in production?

NetJunkie

Shooting production. Hammer is fully decocked. On start signal can I manually cock the hammer and shoot the first shot single action? The only thing I see in Appendix D concerning this is that the hammer must be fully decocked at the start signal. Nothing else is discussed so I assume it is legal.

I would not shoot a firearm I could not shoot the first round DA. I'm not saying it has to be super light, I'm just saying if you can't hit the target accurately with the initial DA trigger pull, the trigger pull weight is excessively heavy. Either modify the gun or get a different platform. Don't rely on cocking the hammer after the draw.

Hi there,

Like Nik says USPSA Legal, IPSC not legal. I have done that with my SP-01 in the past but only where there was a very long (35 yards+) for the first target. Those starts are somewhat rare. I do choose my first target with some consideration to the DA shot though.

Later,

Chuck

Hi there,

Like Nik says USPSA Legal, IPSC not legal. I have done that with my SP-01 in the past but only where there was a very long (35 yards+) for the first target. Those starts are somewhat rare. I do choose my first target with some consideration to the DA shot though.

Later,

Chuck

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Yes, I only did it today on two stages. One was a really long first shot and the second was when you had to move from a starting box to somewhere else. I figured I had time while moving. I don't normally do it. So everyone above, calm down. :)