Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115gr with Imr 4756

Larry Burchfield

9.3g of SR4756 gets me about a 170pf with both Montana Golds and Zeros.

Pistol is a Bedell shorty with a Bedell comp and AET 38super barrel

I don't recall the OAL.

From a Ransom Rest the MG's groups were a bit tigher.

9.3g of SR4756 gets me about a 170pf with both Montana Golds and Zeros.

Pistol is a Bedell shorty with a Bedell comp and AET 38super barrel

I don't recall the OAL.

From a Ransom Rest the MG's groups were a bit tigher.

Paul,

How do you like the 115 compared to 125? I loaded some 115 today, but at 9.0grs they were minor. I'll try 9.3 tomorrow, weather permitting

I'm using 121 grain MG in front of 8.5 grains of 4756 from a 5 inch Bedell. So far I am very impressed, gun seems relatively clean and there are no fireballs. I also got to see a video of a fast 21 round stage and the gun doesn't seem to move. Being new to Open I don't have anything to compare to but at this point the combo seems great.

Paul,

How do you like the 115 compared to 125? I loaded some 115 today, but at 9.0grs they were minor. I'll try 9.3 tomorrow, weather permitting

Mike,

Too early for me to tell - still playing around with loads and bullet weights.

I am also looking at other powder options that are not as sensitive as the 4756.

Hopefully I'll find a load I like before the season starts.

Paul,

Mike,

I am also looking at other powder options that are not as sensitive as the 4756.

For other options you might try Ramshot Silhouette. Great shooting powder for super, much less lot to lot variance than the IMR powders so you dont run the risk of getting stuck with a batch that you cant make major PF with.

Paul,

Mike,

For other options you might try Ramshot Silhouette. Great shooting powder for super, much less lot to lot variance than the IMR powders so you dont run the risk of getting stuck with a batch that you cant make major PF with.

I tried 9.3 grain out of my bedell shorty and was running:

35degree in the snow

About 161PF

This is a new lot of 4756. so it might be slow. but I am running out of room in the case with 9.3gr

The load shot well, but I haven't had a chance to run it back to back with 124.

Next week after the match, I will try to Chrono indoors to see what 9.3 does, also try it against 8.6 with a 124 which made 168PF with the last lot

I have 7625 on order and may try HS6 and Silhouette. I like 4756, runs clean and shoots well but its a pain in the ass to keep having to Chrono based on lot and weather

Edited by Supermoto