Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun store policy

HI5-O

While visiting the Las Vegas area gun stores looking for pistol mags found a store that has a policy of asking anyone interested in pistol mags..."where you from?"

Told them I was from Hawaii and they said, "Oh, we can't sell them to you. They're illegal"

Informed them they are not illegal in Nevada and they said, "But you're going to take them back with you"

I said there are exemptions for law enforcement and they said, "It doesn't matter, can't/won't sell them to you"

Asked if this was Nevada law or store policy...."It's my store and policy"

Ok, never will patronize that Las Vegas "gun store" ever again.

:angry2:

On a good note, found a store that takes care of law enforcement :)

While visiting the Las Vegas area gun stores looking for pistol mags found a store that has a policy of asking anyone interested in pistol mags..."where you from?"

Told them I was from Hawaii and they said, "Oh, we can't sell them to you. They're illegal"

Informed them they are not illegal in Nevada and they said, "But you're going to take them back with you"

I said there are exemptions for law enforcement and they said, "It doesn't matter, can't/won't sell them to you"

barry-mo betta to hit the vegas gun shows if yer outta state ;)

Too bad that you did not visit Phoenix, we would have taken care of you.. We have no laws requiring us to ask a buyer where he is from if he is buying non 4473 items.

That really is BS! Maybe they think the NY mayor and his gang are video taping them :angry2:

+1 those thugs !! :lol:

I think it could be the fact that they are only a 4.5 hour drive from L.A.. Some jack probably got caught with some

high caps and said I got them in Vegas and that was that. Now its CYA, law or no law they probably just dont want

to deal with it... I dont know, paranoia I guess...

I hate to admit it but I did grow up there.. I remember years ago exaggerated news stories of

all the bad things over the borders NV,AZ. I wonder if they do like undercover investigator reports.

I dont blame the gun stores at all, they are just defending their businesses from unwanted trouble.

Funny how the media there is most concerned about the border with other American states ?? Huh ?

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

A friend recently had this type of thing happen to him. He is a law enforcement officer and was trying to order hi caps from an on-line store to be delivered to him in PA, where they are legal. However, since his credit card bill is mailed to a NY address, his work, they would not sell them to him.

Adam