Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic - Mesa, AZ, Get your applicati

Hi there,

Anybody know what may be up for practice opportunites the week of A2 this year? I know about TNS and TNS* ( :rolleyes: ) but what about Wednesday? Last year, there was a match at the Scottsdale Gun Club. Anybody know if that will be repeated?

TIA,

Chuck

* Tuesday Night Steel and Thursday Night Steel

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck,

Hi again. I am one of the guys that work here at SGC and we have been saying that we are going to run the USPSA match on that Wednesday. I will talk to the higher ups and make sure that it is set in stone and let everyone know here.

Chuck,

Hi again. I am one of the guys that work here at SGC and we have been saying that we are going to run the USPSA match on that Wednesday. I will talk to the higher ups and make sure that it is set in stone and let everyone know here.

Thanks for the quick response. I did send a email to Eddie a few days back but I haven't heard anything yet. That match last year was a nice warm up (except for having to go into the barrel with my open gun :surprise: ). I am trying to see if I should come into town early again this year so any news would be appreciated!

Later,

Chuck

Woohoo!!!

Just got the best phone call of the year. I am off the waiting list and in the game. See you all there.

Does anyone know when the stage descriptions usually become available?

Dang, I'm excited. Just started shooting a couple of months ago. Decided to jump in with both feet and hit a big match this year.

Chuck,

Tentatively, I'm flying in on Wednesday, but may push it to Thursday. Either way...Wednesday is SGC from what I remember and Thursday should be night shooting up at Cactus Combat Match League (aka Ben Avery). Of course...thanks to Uncle Sam, it's been a few years for me being down in AZ.

Rich

Hi everyone,

We are going to be doing our USPSA match at SGC on Wednesday November 5. We usually starts hooting at 5:15, but are going to try and get it going earlier this time. We usually hold 4 stages one of them being a classifier. We usually try and fit in whatever area 2 stages we can (being a indoor range we do have some restrictions in regards to 180's and the such) For non members we charge $15.00 and members $12.00

Fell free to pm me with any questions you may have. If you are coming into town early you can shoot Tuesday Night Steel at Rio. Us at SGC on Wednesday. Shoot steel early at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club (Shooting starts at about 4:00 pm, then head up to Ben Avery to shoot Cactus Match starting at 7:00 pm on Thursday. Then shoot Friday Saturday and Sunday for Area 2! Six straight days of shooting fun!

Thomas,

Thanks for posting the stages!

Later,

Chuck

PS:Who is it that likes those knife starts? :unsure:

Chuck, I take it you had some issues with the prone knife start last year? :)

Not really, it just seems that there is a knife start every year! The only prone start that I hated was at the 2006 WSSSC. Nothing like a prone start when it is 33 degrees and raining!

I still have blue knife from last year's shooters bag. I guess I can dry-knife to get ready :rolleyes:

CU There!

Chuck

Thomas,

Thanks for posting the stages!

Later,

Chuck

PS:Who is it that likes those knife starts? :unsure:

Chuck, I take it you had some issues with the prone knife start last year? :)

Now that I think about it, "un-proning" on the clock is never a winner for me

Wow! Since I'm shooting production I better get my reload practice moving. Those stage round counts look incredible!

27.5rds per stage average....better have 4/5 mags on your belt for production!

No doubt. IF I shoot Production it'll be 5 on the belt and 1 in the pocket for "make ready". I'm on the more bang for your buck plan anyway. ;)

Jim

For us single stackers, i think an extra mag will be added also.

for those who arent privelaged enough to live here, show up a day or two or three early. Tuesday night at Rio, Wed at SGC and thursday night if you want to drive a little: steel at south mountain then run to ben avery for cactus league. Just dont shoot too much steel before the big match, it makes for sloppy paper shooting.