Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Digital Camera Recommendations?

Don't have a digital camera. Well, actually I have a pos Kodak Easyshare camera that I got a gazillion years ago. Did I mention that it is a pos?

Anyway, looking to get a point-and-shoot, not really a SLR. I've been thinking about the Leica C-Lux or D-Lux. Though the Leica V-Lux-1 10 SLR looks pretty good and not too pricey.

TIA,

-David

Don't have a digital camera. Well, actually I have a pos Kodak Easyshare camera that I got a gazillion years ago. Did I mention that it is a pos?

Anyway, looking to get a point-and-shoot, not really a SLR. I've been thinking about the Leica C-Lux or D-Lux. Though the Leica V-Lux-1 10 SLR looks pretty good and not too pricey.

TIA,

-David

Great taste in cameras. It would be hard to go wrong with one. Personally I shoot a Canon D20...but Leica is on my list...with a Wilson Combat CQB, etc.

Save enough in your budget to get a copy of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements...no need for a lab anymore. Good luck!

The panasonic DMC-LX2K is the same thing as the d-lux only cheaper.

It wouldn't surprize me if the smaller c-lux was just a panasonic in disguise since the d-lux was a collaborative effort with leica doing most of the heavy lifting from the design end.

The panasonic DMC-FX33T looks suspiciously similar but is newer and 8.1MP

The older FX30K might be the sibling camera.

the panasonics are nice P&S cameras, if they had shutter and aperture priority modes, they'd likely be my backup to my K10D when I don't want to haul lots of gear around.

Leicas are for film. I do own a Leica or two but if I want a digital I will go elsewhere. Canon seems to be the 800lbs gorilla when it comes to digital. Look at the Powershot G9. The leicas are quality but I think your money would be better spent elsewhere.

I have a Olympus Stylus 770 SW that I really like. It is even waterproof.