Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Ultimate Super 1050 upgrade EVER!

I have a 1050 and a 650 and when I added the K.I.S.S. feeder to the 1050 I thought I was in heaven. Tonight I made another great upgrade. I switched the case feeder from my 650 to my 1050 and what a difference. I must say the newly designed case feeder from Dillon is aweful!!! I spend more time pulling upside down cases out than actually loading. I'm getting every 2nd or 3rd case to come in upside down. I was almost quicker to insert the cases by hand than to use the feeder. I decided to swap the feeders out and it ran 100% with the old feeder. Does anyone know if Dillon has made any changes to this feeder or if they will warranty it because it doesn't work right? With old brass it would put about every 5th case upside down but with new brass I was getting every 2nd or 3rd. Thank god I don't use the 650 much because I'm going to have the same problem. Maybe it won't be as bad with .40 as it is with .38 super? Who knows!!!

Hmmm... I just bought a new 1050 and I hope I dont have a case feeder that doesn't work. haven't decided where to put it yet plus its winter so no hurry. I cant imagine them changing the old design. I always thought if it wasnt broke dont fix it.

Pete,

What about the case feeder adapter thingy (not sure of it's name)? - it's the small white part you'd place in the funnel of the case feeder when using smaller cases.

You might be onto something. I didn't have that in place and when the cases would come out of the bucket they would hit the wall on the funnel and flip upside down. Maybe I'll be switching case feeders back... I'll try it out and let you know if that's all it is.

Thanks,

Pete

Between my 1050 and 650, my 650 does deliver cases upside down once in a while the 1050 is rock solid.....I was thinking about replacing the front part of my 650 case feeder with one from the 1050 :)

Edited by dansy

For 9x19/38 Super setup you are suppose to use that white adapter PMD was talking about-although I never use it and an get upside-down cases every 300-400, in 9x19, which is not too bad considering I switch back and forth a lot to 40 which doesn't use it.

Yap I agree.....but my 1050 feeder front transparent plate has a different shape then my 650, I'm sure the feeder is the same :) my 650 is 4 years old while the 1050 is just over one year. I used the 650 for the odd caliber and rezise 38sc, so I change it around often....while the 1050 never change from 38sc.

I purchased a new 1050 and the clear plastic part that consists of the funnel and switches was conical instead of the rectangular one on my 650’s. I was hoping that they figured out a way to keep from having to use the insert for 9mm, they did, but it does have the tendency to invert cases more often. At least I have both setups.

Well I looked everything over an I do have that white adapter for my 650 but not the 1050. I'll have to order one so I can switch them back. I'm sure this is the problem. I tried using the 650 one but it is a rectangle and the 1050 is a round. Looks like we learn something new every day.