Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun at PCSI Range, Circleville Ohio

The Pickaway County Sportsman’s Range near Circleville, Ohio is hosting four (4) Level 1 USPSA MultiGun matches this year. As far as we know, these are the only USPSA MultiGun matches being offered in Ohio. We’re planning 6 MultiGun stages at each match. Match dates are May 4, June 29, Aug 3 & Oct 19. For more information, match schedule, rules & equipment overview feel free to visit: http://pcsirange.com/html/divisions.html#multigun_home

Michael Craig

multigun@pcsirange.com

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I'd really like to attend one of these new Circleville multi-gun matches but the 1st one (May 4th) is on the same day as as another great pistol match in Oxford, Ohio. :(

I will have to flip a coin to figure out which one I want to shoot. ;)

Chris, It was tough trying to pick dates for these matches. So many matches and so little time. We tried to spread it out over different dates so as to not conflict with other matches. The 1st & 3rd Sunday's are the only weekend days that were open and sure enough everyone seems to have a match somewhere on that date. Look at it this way. We're only offering these matches 4 times this year. There will be plenty of pistol only matches to choose from but very few MultiGun matches in our area. As far as we know, we are the only game in Ohio for MultiGun. Hopefully more will come about over time.

Hope to see you there!

Michael

Look at it this way. We're only offering these matches 4 times this year. There will be plenty of pistol only matches to choose from but very few MultiGun matches in our area.

You know what ..... you are 100% right. If I missed an Oxford match once or twice, I won't die. And I haven't been to Rayner's for some time, but since it's much closer to Circleville than it is to Dayton, I can see where some of your members might also have to decide that too.

Sounds like I better start running around the house practicing my shotgun reloads like Trapr & Scout! :rolleyes:

Would pistol caliber carbines be worthwhile here? I never paid any attention to how long the rifle ranges are at Circleville.

Flex is correct. Sure you can use your use your pistol caliber carbine. Our longest shot will be on the rifle range which is 100yds. Most of the rifle shots will be 50 yards to CQB style shooting anyway. If you were going to take the carbine to a big match, I'd suggest that if you use a 9mm that you consider a 147 bullet so as to make minor power factor.

Bring it on!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds good. I have an AR15, but was mostly asking in case I can sucker someone else in to riding down with me and they need a loaner.

Feel free to spread the word around. Our first MultiGun match of the season is going to be here before you know it. May 4th is just around the corner. (Hard to imagine with 20" of snow on the ground right now) I'm ordering the rifle grade steel today and we should be able to post the stages pretty soon.

Hope to see you in May!

Michael

How many divisions will be recognized? Thinking about Tactical? We'll be trying to make some of these.

We're also going to make some of the PCSI IDPA matches too. :)

We're recognizing 4 main divisions-Open, Limited, Tactical and Heavy Metal. Go to http://www.pcsirange.com/html/Division-multigun.html there should be enough info to make your determination of which division will be best for you. The rules "overview" that I published should give you enough detail to help without having to first read all of the USPSA rulebooks.

Hope to see both of the Nesbitts this year at the State IDPA Match and the USPSA MultiGun matches at PCSI. Between the two I'm staying busy and out of any real trouble.

Michael

multigun@pcsirange.com

Hope to see both of the Nesbitts this year at the State IDPA Match and the USPSA MultiGun matches at PCSI. Between the two I'm staying busy and out of any real trouble.

Michael

multigun@pcsirange.com

Motel reservations already made for the State. Just waiting for the app. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. This match will be here before you know it. May 4th. With setup starting at 2pm on Saturday the 3rd right after our monthly USPSA pistol match. With 6 stages to build we're looking for some help. :) The rifle grade steel came in today and I should have the stages on paper real soon.

Michael

I think that I'm going to shoot your first match. I'll try to talk a few guys into going but I don't have much hope in them. What time do you all go hot?

Chris C.

For the Sunday May 4th match it is our plan to hold the shooters meeting at 10am and then start the match immediatly thereafter. Hope you can make it.

Michael