Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting to the left HELP!

onyx

HI I OWN A G-17 and love it but I shoot left alot and want to no why. MY groups are very good But just to the left any Help would be great ty. :blink:

Edited by onyx

Just left or low and left?

Left = You are pushing the gun left as the shot breaks

Low and Left = Pushing left and jerking the gun as the shot breaks

Lots of dry fire practice will help with this

Just the tip of your finger on the trigger, not the joint and no other contact on the frame with the trigger finger. You have to learn to isolate the movement of your trigger finger do not sympathetically squeeze your other fingers as you move your trigger finger.

HI I OWN A G-17 and love it but I shoot left alot and want to no why. MY groups are very good But just to the left any Help would be great ty. :blink:

If your groups are good you just need to adjust your sights. I don't think anyone whacks the trigger consistantly enough to get good groups. The first thing Plaxco used to do in his classes was have the students shoot for group on an IPSC target and then have everybody adjust their sights to center the group.

WOW thanks guys.... I no one of the ideas wiil work I will try all and see were I am goofing up Thank YOU to all of you and good luck with 2008 .......... May the force be with you YOTA 1983 :cheers:

What you can also look at is the position of your finger on the trigger. If the sights are centered and you keep on hitting left it could mean that your trigger finger is not far enough through on the trigger. What happens is that the trigger is not pulled back straight but to the side as your finger is partially pushing against the side of the trigger. This pushes the gun off target right as the trigger breaks. Try this, it might be part of the solution. By the way, welcome to the sport and forum. Just reading and understanding what it said on the forum and then practicing it pushed my score up by some 17%.