Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Previous use as in before joining the club. It says nothing about current and future use over and over again. Then there's also been the current use of Pee-Pees (polymer pistols) in Limited, SSP and ESP. Not to mention the open guns. My God, all the open guns and plastic guns. Oh, the humanity. :sick: Single Stack has been but a fleeting fancy amidst all the trading.

Repent sinner! Get thee to rehab.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After hours of deliberation, Merlin and I are still at a loss. So, for the first time ever, we feel it is up to the entire club to decide Paul's fate. Let's here it Ladies and Gentlemen, what should the punishment be?

I think in order for our organization to remain clean, pure, and yet forever snobbish we must ask ourselves...what would J.M.B. do?

Let us not forget who we are and what this club stands for.

post-15605-047213900 1290221174_thumb.jp

After hours of deliberation, Merlin and I are still at a loss. So, for the first time ever, we feel it is up to the entire club to decide Paul's fate. Let's here it Ladies and Gentlemen, what should the punishment be?

I think in order for our organization to remain clean, pure, and yet forever snobbish we must ask ourselves...what would J.M.B. do?

Death by machine gun????? ph34r.gif

Death by machine gun????? ph34r.gif

Alright, perhaps death by machine gun might be a bit much :roflol:

Perhaps we could make this a teachable moment. I would suggest club suspension until said offender has participated in at least one match using a 1911 of approved SSEC configuration. This would cover the initial offense.

As far as the continued lack of contriteness said offender should also have to resubmit his application to the SSEC using current pictures of the 1911 used at the match.

I am also open to Steel1212's idea of chicken wings :)

Distinguished Members of the Single Stack Elitist Snob Club:

I have always interepeted our bylaws to read that a non-1911 pistol was permissable as long as it was shot in the Production Division. ???

I'm sure that most of our members have closet tupperware. :sight:

Anxiously awaiting a response.

I don't own any plastic guns. matter of fact the only handguns I own are 5" .45 singlestacks!! :angry2:

Distinguished Members of the Single Stack Elitist Snob Club:

I have always interepeted our bylaws to read that a non-1911 pistol was permissable as long as it was shot in the Production Division. ???

I'm sure that most of our members have closet tupperware. :sight:

Anxiously awaiting a response.

Hmmm... (3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

Your interpretation MAY have some validity.... Although SNOBS we must may also make at least a cursory attempt at fairness....closedeyes.gif

Your continuing lack of contriteness, however contrived, remains a disappointment......dry.gif

Being I wrote the bylaws, I will assure you that the would "Previous" meant PREVIOUSLY, and not currently, and for future use, NOT while a member.

I had thought this pretty clear, but there is always one who tries to bend the meaning of clearly written rules.

Paul, you remind me of Bill Clinton, "what is the meaning of is?"

Shameful

Edited by zhunter

I think someone saying I remind them of Bill Clinton would be punishment enough !!! :roflol:

That being said, after careful consideration and with greatest respect to this esteemed club and all it's distinguished members, I abdicate membership #55 of the SSESC at this time.

Having owned possibly over 100 single stack pistols over the last 20+ years I consider myself a true 1911 aficianado, but at the same time I have and will continue to have equal fervor for the 2011platform in both its Limited and Open configurations and many other pistol platforms.

I feel this violates the intent of this orginazation.

I hope we all remain great friends :cheers:

Respectfully,

Paul Burtchell

Edited by Paul Burtchell

I am respectfully submitting to the Board for consideration my application to the 1911 Elitist Snob Club.

post-13704-035402100 1290389814_thumb.jp

post-13704-047373700 1290389837_thumb.jp

Additionally this is the same gun I started shooting with in 1987 when I was a member of the Western NY Practical Pistol League. Some addition since then such as the BT Grip Safety (Have the hammer bite scars to prove its worth), New hammer and a SA Magwell. The pistol was a SA Custom Shop purchase in 1987 and mods completed by them as well.

BTW I am also shooting a GSG1911-22 for rimfire SCSA Matches. (In honor of SS)

Thank you for your consideration.

Mark

TY55041

Edited by Jammer1911

Well Thank you so much. I am shooting the Western States Single Stack in January and hopefully will be able to shoot the SSN in Il. :cheers:

BTW I have 6 1911 SS including one Colt U. S. Army Model of 1911. :devil:

Edited by Jammer1911