Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I can't believe I can't find these things anywhere

mace85

I stripped a grip screw bushing for my 1911. And I looked locally and couldn't find any. Even gunsmiths don't have them in stock. I also can't find any reasonably priced online. I know this is a stupid simple part, but it is normal to pay upwards of a dollar a piece for them? And does anyone know where I can order them? Brownells only seemed to have the slim ones in stock. I would like to order a few sets of them so I can keep some on hand for the future.

Any input?

I understand why I need the loc-tite. But I looked at the staking tool, and I can't figure out what it does. I don't think I have ever seen a grip bushing staked? Can you enlighten me??

BTW Kingman. I sent you a PM, but disregard it. I appreciate the offer but I need to order stuff from Brownells anyway. If I can find them, I don't mind buying them. But for the life of me I could not find them.

shoot me a pm with your address, I will zip lock bag one and drop it in the mail monday.

Later.

That is one heck of a NICE offer Kingman. Good for you!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Just when you loose your faith in humanity, you gotta go out and do something like this! Darn you. :rolleyes:

I understand why I need the loc-tite. But I looked at the staking tool, and I can't figure out what it does. I don't think I have ever seen a grip bushing staked? Can you enlighten me??

BTW Kingman. I sent you a PM, but disregard it. I appreciate the offer but I need to order stuff from Brownells anyway. If I can find them, I don't mind buying them. But for the life of me I could not find them.

The bushing staking tool stakes the threads from the inside of the frame. If you ever want to remove staked bushings, the frame threads can get thrashed. I would use green locktight instead. If they need to come out, a propane torch will do it.