Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

There's nothing on the website. I am r-e-a-l-l-y glad I checked before I drove for 3.5 hrs. Yikes.

FY42385

It is on our website. Check the "shooter's forum", there's the note about May match Schedule change. We really do try to keep folks informed about any changes, and it will be through the sites forum.

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey,

Just wanting to let everyone know we havn't dropped off the plan!

Setup for 9 great stages starts tomorrow, O:dark:30.

Match will be great! Damon has piled up about 15k in random draw prize table!

Albuquerque in June, can't beat it.

cya there.

PS: Bonnie, do not shoot the cactus again!

Hey,

cya there.

You ready for the northern invasion? Looks like there's about 25 of us.

Can't wait to hear the cactus story from Bonnie.

Hey,

cya there.

You ready for the northern invasion? Looks like there's about 25 of us.

Can't wait to hear the cactus story from Bonnie.

Three days of setup completed. All nine stages are ready to go, with just a few little details to nail down. Stage 2 is a hoot. You'll need to use the rope(s) to balance a weak hand and strong hand pair or arrays. Number 9 (Special Delivery) is a Hoser, but don't shoot the Mail truck!

The other 7 are all World Class. Cya there, hope everyone has fun.

Weather looking like low 90's, no chance of rain. Bring sunscreen.

gnight

Just put the finishing touches on all nine stages this morning. ALL of the stages are world class. No mind games anywhere but you better have your wits about you and pay attention. You will be running the bases, swinging from ropes, tilting at windmills, going postal and starting from a crapper. The real men will start with their pants around their ankles. Just kidding! The prize table is worth $15K. The weatherman says clear skies with temps in the low 90's. Bring your sunscreen and we will provide all the water you can slurp. Mexican food, barbeque, beer in the evenings....

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

Just put the finishing touches on all nine stages this morning. ALL of the stages are world class. No mind games anywhere but you better have your wits about you and pay attention. You will be running the bases, swinging from ropes, tilting at windmills, going postal and starting from a crapper. The real men will start with their pants around their ankles. Just kidding! The prize table is worth $15K. The weatherman says clear skies with temps in the low 90's. Bring your sunscreen and we will provide all the water you can slurp. Mexican food, barbeque, beer in the evenings....

CYa,

Pat

Bring on the targets, enchiladas and margaritas in that order! :cheers:

No, this will not be a lost brass match. Folks can recover brass for the shooter while we are scoring and tapeing targets. I tried to talk the boss into making it a lost brass match for 38 SuperComp but he said NO!!!

CYa Saturday,

Pat

This year is a trial as far as the prize table goes. We did not know what to expect since we have kept the match fee at 85.00 and have asked a lot of great companies for prizes.

I want to inform everyone that there are a lot of kind people that own and operate companies out there in the shooting sports. We do not have any FFL items but we have lots of nice items that were given including a lot of gift certificates. The sponsors listed are really appreciated and deserve future business from all of us.

This is shaping up to be a really great match as far as I can see. I hope all the competitors and visitors have a great time.

I am looking forward to seeing friends from all over that I have met in the past. It really makes for a good time as well.

Damon

Edited by nm3gnr

I am so bummed to be missing this match :(

Dude,

Jim and I are bummed also that we won't get to shoot with you.

How's the east coast treating you?

New Mexico's notorious spring winds are usually over in May, but not this year! Stages are all setup, but we have been battling the wind since Tuesday night. Staff tried to shoot today, but the wind and the cold shut us down after 2 1/2 stages.

Down coats in June????? Go figure.

We'll pick up the staff shooting tomorrow at 7 am. Match days should be sunny, high 80's, South wind at 10-20. That sure beats the 50+ gusts of the last few days.

Even saw a house trailer being transported upside down on the side of the road when I was leaving!

Looking forward to a great match.

cya

Rod

New Mexico's notorious spring winds are usually over in May, but not this year! Stages are all setup, but we have been battling the wind since Tuesday night. Staff tried to shoot today, but the wind and the cold shut us down after 2 1/2 stages.

Down coats in June????? Go figure.

We'll pick up the staff shooting tomorrow at 7 am. Match days should be sunny, high 80's, South wind at 10-20. That sure beats the 50+ gusts of the last few days.

Even saw a house trailer being transported upside down on the side of the road when I was leaving!

Looking forward to a great match.

cya

Rod

Guess I'll be packing just like I pack for DoubleTap - bringing all my clothes! :roflol: We're having 50 mph gusts here too today - I hope this dies down before I get on the plane tomorrow. I don't think there are enough bloody marys in DFW airport to get me through that flight otherwise...

Rod, When is the shooter's meeting on Saturday. What time do we start shooting?

Shooter's meeting at 8:00 am at far west RGPSC equipment sheds. Shooting starts at 8:30. Full schedule available at registration.

cya there.