Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John, don't think about a DQ. That's a negative thought and it will only make you nervous. :wacko:

Think positive thoughts. Like the fact that the weather forcast is for cold rain and possibly snow. Hehehe, that's going to give us Wyoming guys a HUGE advantage. :P See you there, buddy!!

-There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes. - Old Norwegian proverb.

Sam,

Thanks for the advice. It seems wrong, but I get more keyed up for a match than I do when a multi-trauma rolls in. I've set three goals for the match:

1. Don't DQ

2. Don't finish Low Overall

3. Learn

Sorry for the thread drift

TDean, I have a M classification in open and Lim-10, but am still A class in limited and production. Scores from South Carolina and Area 6 should put me in M in limited now also. Now, if I could just get those production scores up a bit......

The DQ by Adam Popplewell was for breaking the 180. I saw the run, but wasn't in a real good position to make the call. If Adam did break it, it was very close. The particular stage had a lot of 180 swings, combined with forward movement.

I was there for the DQ and did actually see it. That stage did have several 180 traps and also if I were an RO it would have made me nervous to start with as the shooter went into an area I could not access and then had to come back out. Anyway, as he was moving from right to left slightly down range he missed a reload badly and the magazine appeared to be backwards in his left hand. The gun was rolled around in his right hand (which was downrange) from the distance where I was, he appeared to use the bottom of the palm of his right hand to control the magazine as he was rotating it in his hand and swept the front of the gun up parallel to the 180. The officer that called it was much much closer so he must have felt that the muzzle was past parallel. Very uncomfortable .....

ajm

Itallion Stallion, I disagree...

I was in David Sevigny's squad and watching him shoot was very very cool. The man can make that 34 go. I was a little closer, (not much) until, on Sunday, I decided I could shoot as fast as him. I was wrong..... and not only that, I could not hit anything trying to go that fast either, imagine that?. He is also one of the nicest people that I have met in a long time and has his head on straight, I was real impressed and real out classed, but it was cool.

ajm

I'm really surprised there weren't more DQs on that particular stage. The stage was a lot of fun but it would have been real easy to get too deep into the bay on 95% of the targets on that stage before you realized it. Of the several DQs at that match, (other than the one that has been discussed on this board in some detail), in talking to friends who were ROing stages, two of the DQs were for an apparent ejector fire incident and another when a shooter discharged the weapon in the act of a reload. Both of these also from very experienced shooters. Just proves it can happen to anyone, and usually will at some point.

I was really suprised that they set those stages up like they did. 7,8,9, all had 180 traps. You really had to concentrate on what you were doing to stay safe. By far one of the most challenging matches I have ever shot. Some of those targets were way the hell out there. Didn't think to practice the 40 yd shot before I left.

Now if I could only have gotten them to throw out that asteroid stage I would have had a great match. That thing was a pain. I can also say that I had a faster time on one stage, 7, than Jerry Mickulek did, butI had a mike so he got the stage. Someday.