Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How fast do you know you hit the target?

benos

Maku mozo: "A wrong means can never be used towards a right end."

Yeah, that's a wonderful thing!

John, your description of what often happens is right on target for me sometimes.

I believe that in my shooting, a concern over the influence of time can become an invisable hand of sorts. That hand or influence can then distort my otherwise clear intent. It muddies my water so to speak. On the average USPSA COF, most of us would shoot all "As" until we were bored to tears if time was not a factor in scoring. Time is the Eddie Haskell\John Belushi factor in the equation. Without that, everything runs nice and smooth, but it just ain't any fun. The trick is to have the most fun possible, without going so far as to get a lecture from your ol' man about it.

"Wally, looking at your report card, I see that you zereoed a stage last night....."

"Gee Dad, everthing was going just fine until right after the beep, then Eddie come running up waving his arms around like mad and screaming for me to hurry up ..."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shooter's confidence in their skill sets (practice and/or a REALLY strong mindset) lets them "just shoot". "Just shoot" means, to me, that I don't have to add in extra conscious thought to execute the stage. I don't have worries or doubts, I have trust. My mind is free to observe. And, when it does observe, I see, with certainty, allowing the (human shooting) machine to work with efficiency.

That's a great summary of perfecting the three realms of training, practice, and competition. When you reach the state when "my mind is free" to observe - it's amazing what will happen. I imagine Krishnamurti would say - It's simply the response of pure, unimpeded intelligence.

[ThreadDrift]

A happy ending? Does that mean the Ghost Dog will get to play with Schrödinger's Cat since their both dead? :lol:

I have a T-shirt that says, "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead," on the front, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead," on the back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[/TD]

• 3 months later...
This is something I need to work on. I have a bad habit of always watching the target for my hits and it slows me down. The same bad habit causes misses on steel plates because I am watching for the plate to go down.

same here longrange2. but workin' on it.

• 1 year later...

Flex, I saw this post this morning, with your name as the last person to post. I was thinking, Felix is going to tell them "You will know because you saw your front sight lift from that spot".

• 4 weeks later...