Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel City Tac Rifle Championship 3-29-08 - Bhm, AL

Great job David, thanks so mch to all who helped, especially Kim, and the Sponsors, what do you mean next year I thought you were doing these every quarter, where do I sign up I need the practice

Super job and thanks again

jc

Thanks for the kind words guys, glad you enjoyed the match! I think we reached our "high water mark" for a one day format from a capacity standpoint.

The hard working volunteers and RO's really made things go smooth beyond my expectations and have my sincere gratitude.

Already thinking about next year's big one, more stages, possible 2 day format etc. I'll keep you posted on the details.

We'll continue to have our "regular" rifle matches on months with a 5th Saturday.

Gotta go, the co-match director is wanting a little quality time..............

David

David,

Next time you need help with a prize table let me know. You saw what mine looked like, I thought it was pretty impressive. It could have been even better if I'd had a little more help from the other match directors, but all in all it was pretty good. Every single shooter got something from the prize table and most of them were worth more than the $150.00 entry fee, one worth 20 times that!!!

Thanks Bobby, yes your table was very impressive and I could certainly use some help from you the next time around. One thing I learned is that I've got to delegate more next time. We had over 100 shooters and everyone got something, but it was pretty helter skelter. This was my first attempt at putting together a prize table so you can imagine the learning curve.

I'm sure I feel like you did a few weeks ago...ready to shoot someone else's match.

Thanks again and please plan to come over and shoot with us soon. This rifle match really is a hoot!

David

Yeah, I was ready to be a shooter instead of a MD, no doubt about that. I'd love to get up that way to shoot with you guys. I've heard lots about your match and it sounds very fun and challenging. Anytime you need me just holler, I'll be right there brotha!

Great match and fun stages. All the ROs were great, friendly, and helpful. This is a fun match with a good mix of speed, accuracy, and goofy golf type stages :surprise: . See ya at the next one.

David A super match. I had a great time even with my little boo boo. I'm already looking foward to the next one.

Thanks Robbie, how's the knee? I told Stefan that was the only reason he won was due to your mishap on the stage he was RO'ing. I'm still not sure he didn't help you down into the gravel <_<

David:

I have burned the disc of pic and will be sending it your way tomorrow! Hope you enjoy. Thank you for your hard work this past weekend. It seemed that everyone really enjoyed your match.

S

David:

I have burned the disc of pic and will be sending it your way tomorrow! Hope you enjoy. Thank you for your hard work this past weekend. It seemed that everyone really enjoyed your match.

S

Thanks a million Sandra! I wanted to put together a presentation with pics from this past match and send it to the sponsors to help with donations for the 2009 "biggie". In all the excitement, I completely forgot to even bring my camera.

Nice to see you last weekend. You certainly added some class to that bunch you were with......

David

Great job David, thanks so mch to all who helped, especially Kim, and the Sponsors, what do you mean next year I thought you were doing these every quarter, where do I sign up I need the practice

Super job and thanks again

jc

We'll still have the "regular" rifle matches on months with a 5th Saturday. I believe the schedule for the forseeable future will be the last Saturdays in May, August, November, and January ('09). Please come shoot with us as often as you can. The regular matches have only a $20 entry fee, 6-7 stages, not quite as elaborate as this past match, but fun and challenging. Plaques for the winners of each category.

I'll be taking a much needed break from running them for May, Ron will be in charge. I'll pick it up again for the August match. Should be nice and toasty warm for that one........

I'd like to add my congratulations to the MDs, ROs, and all staff on a great match! Let's make it an annual thing. I really liked the one-day format. It made it pleasantly easy on us driving down from the Carolinas to get in, rest up, have a great full-day match, then rest well before heading back up. A great match weekend!

Well done folks, y'all have every reason to be proud!

:cheers:

David, Great match. I really enjoyed the good mix of stages ya'll put together. Getting to squad with the group I was with not only educational but was a lot of fun to boot. You, the ROs, and match staff did a great job. Thanks.