Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo Platform For Cr Speed

Steve Anderson

Steve, I used both when I used a CR Speed. I like the idea of a muzzle platform better than the cup for sure. That being said, the Arredondo part flexes too much. I reinforced mine (making the other side unusable) with fiberglass, metal inserts, and epoxy, and then smoothed it out with the dremel and painted it black. It worked great but was still ugly and it eventually developed some small cracks. Some people I shot with said they had broken the Arredondo platforms. A guy down in Louisiana (Neil Allen) started making his own design muzzle platform. In my opinion it is a much better design. It is not reversible but is much stronger. Forum member Patches has my old CR speed and uses one of Neil's platforms. I will get him to get a picture for you if you want. They sell for $20 and I imagine I could get you in touch with Neil if you are interested.

On the trigger bar, mine needed a bit of trimming as it was oversize and drug in the slot some when I first installed it. It does reduce draw friction. There is no more "click" feel when the gun comes out. Just a little resistance and then it is out. I will warn you that my gun could be jarred from the back and it could come out forward, which generally didnt happen with the factory bar. Also, with the lock all the way in the "forward" position the gun could be drawn although it took some effort. It's $5, so it won't break the bank if you want to experiment with it. You can also try modifying the factory bar. Make some cuts to allow it to flex easier, and slightly change the "ramp" area that contacts the trigger bar.

Just my $.02. Hope it helps.

Bryant

Hmmm, I have been using an Arredondo muzzle platform for 3 years and I have had no complaints. Probably a hundred thousand draws and the platform is much better than the cup IMO. I have had no complaints about the trigger bar, so I didn't change it.

I use both on my CRSpeed Glock set up.

The post is better than the cup for sure. Mr cup's front sight slot was a little thin and made some funny looking shavings on the sight on occasion.

The trigger bar is a softer plastic, and really reduces tension. You could drop the gun without using the lock! The good thing is you can draw through the lock if you forget it too.

The bad part. They are made in purple only! YUCk. I called the day they arrived cause I ordered the black ones. Nope, that was the hanger for the post only. The post itself and the trigger bar are not made in black.

Tom

I have both for my CR and really like them. They cut a tenth off my draw times almost immediately.

I had to fit my bar too. It wouldn't even go into the slot when I first got it. A bit of time with some sand paper and it was fixed. I haven't noticed any flex on the post platform but since I am a gadget freak I would be interested in seeing the other post platform that was mentioned.

The only downside to the post over the cup is that I, once, had the barrel get knocked off the post while taping targets and resetting steel. The lock was on so the gun went nowhere but it did make for an uncomfortable moment while I nonchalantly wandered over to the safe area to secure it. I have since shortened up the distance down to the post a bit and this seems to have solved the problem. I may add a "walkthru strap" to the arsenal one of these days as well.

Per Bryant's request, here are some pics of the Neil Allen platform for the CR Speed. As you can see, the platform attaches with allen screws from the side so it can be adjusted with the gun locked in the holster for a proper fit. The barrel spud is not reversible but it is attached with an allen screw from underneath so other sizes could be substituted. Mine is one of the new delrin models.

John

cr_side.jpg

cr_close.jpg

cr_angle.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just bought a bnew arredondo muzzle platform from eyecutter. spent a few minutes dry firing my cz after installing it. pistol is more secure even when holster is unlocked, i think its cool. now, it has to prove its realibility. for $29.00, it better be worth it <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I used the platform in with my glock set-up and I really liked it, the draw is much smother + looks good. I also tried the trigger bar but felt the retention was very poor, so changed back to the stock CR trigger bar and haven´t had a problem since.

I did see a few friends break the purple insert that holds the barrel in place (barrel spud?) after just a few months of use. No problem with mine yet.

Sergio

If you're going to buy the Arredondo platform, see if you can buy 2 at a discount. Mine's already worn out. If I keep it, I'm just going to mill off the knob and replace it with a delrin knob that I can replace periodically.

The other thing that bugs me about it is that appears to be glass filled resin - not a good thing for muzzle crown longevity.

If you're going to buy the Arredondo platform, see if you can buy 2 at a discount. Mine's already worn out. If I keep it, I'm just going to mill off the knob and replace it with a delrin knob that I can replace periodically.

The other thing that bugs me about it is that appears to be glass filled resin - not a good thing for muzzle crown longevity.

eric,

whats a delrin knob and where can it be purchased? :huh:

If you're going to buy the Arredondo platform, see if you can buy 2 at a discount.  Mine's already worn out.  If I keep it, I'm just going to mill off the knob and replace it with a delrin knob that I can replace periodically. 

eric,

whats a delrin knob and where can it be purchased? :huh:

I was just planning on making it myself - if I do anything at all.