Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not recertifying

hopalong

Seems to be a trend here. I am ashamed to say it but my CRO re cert has been here sience april and I just cant seem to muster the will to do it.--------------Larry

I'm in the same boat, but my recert test went straight into the trash. Just had no desire or reason to keep it.

yo, hopalong.....don't go! all the stages i've seen you run were great....i don't even care what cliff sez!! there definitely needs to be more good RO's. just did the ft. benning 3-gun(i know it's not uspsa, but...). in the long tunnel pistol stage(6 ports to shoot thru), after i get thru 4 of the ports, reload and turn to go to the last 2 ports, guess who's directly in front of me, standing in the corner of the tunnel, not even behind the 180 line? had to pull the gun back so as not to stick the muzzle of my hot glock in this dork's nose!! i could have pointed it directly at him and not broken the 180. totally thru off my mojo(of which there's not much of anyway), and pretty much blew the stage. then when i tell him, all the ro's at the stage don't pay any attention, and get generally hissy. the whole stage was in the tunnel, so nobody really saw what happened except him and me. pretty pathetic...... this whole shooting sport thing definitely needs more RO's with brains. if you split, it's just one less good one.....

Having worked what felt like a LOT more than I shot last year, I won't be working nearly as much in 2008 Only previous commitments and a few special projects.

The recert tests, and all the stress that goes along with everything. I feel it's better for me to be shooting too hop... I feel a lot better about my shooting that way!

You are a good person hop... so work on that revo title ;)

I have decided to start the process and become a level one (Ed K's club is putting on a class ) because it seems that the RO is always overloaded and can never get zoned in when it's his turn to shoot, and it is just something that anyone who takes this sport seriously should do anyway. I promise to live up to the standards that you all expect. The more RO's we have the less any one person will have to be inconvienced. I figure that if a person takes a turn running shooters then when it is his turn to be run he will give the RO a little less grief because they have both had the same headaches and can show a little mutual respect.

Way to go! Every shooter should be certified as an RO. This really helps at local matches, then everyone on the squad can be part of the team. And it sure doesn't hurt any competitor to know the rules. :cheers:

Yes, indeed !!!

At most of the RO classes you will find a few members that are taking the class just just for their own edification, and to assist from the sidelines. Many will take the test and get the card but will not renew it the next year. Some believe that having to recertify every single year on an Open Book test is redundant, since actual real yearly changes in the rules are seldom the subject of the re-tests. Burn outs are indeed a big problem, but some of these "class-but-no-card" members on the average are the ones doing the "real" RO duties in most local matches. As for CRO's, that's a different game that really contingents on the local match management and Club's local politics. Unfortunately.