Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 08 production gun..maybe.

eerw

How much longer is the trigger reach with the sp01 trigger?

actually a little shorter than the std trigger..it sets back about 1/8inch..and is a little thinner (side to side)

most I have talked too don't like it because it pinches your finger if you have avg to large fingers..

I am not blessed that way..so the curvier and thinner trigger fits me a little better..gives me a little more control and leverage on the DA first shot..

How much longer is the trigger reach with the sp01 trigger?

actually a little shorter than the std trigger..it sets back about 1/8inch..and is a little thinner (side to side)

most I have talked too don't like it because it pinches your finger if you have avg to large fingers..

I am not blessed that way..so the curvier and thinner trigger fits me a little better..gives me a little more control and leverage on the DA first shot..

My fingers are a little short too. If I ever decide to go double action I'll have to give that a try. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

OK..its finished..just got this back from Matt today...

a nice basic production gun :D:wub:

CZ75 SA converted to DA

CZ custom comp hammer

action job by Matt..

still has FPB in place.

trigger is 6# to 6.5# DA and right around 2# SA

CZ tactical rear sight and plain black front .100 and serrated.

CZ aluminum grips

Ext ambi thumb safeties

CZ ext mag release.

SP01 trigger

grip tape

steel guide rod

11# recoil / 13# hammer spring

beveled magwell

75SALR.jpg

anyway..that's the setup..slightly lighter than the SP01

cz75sp01LR.jpg

but time on the range will be the test..

eerw, what are your thoughts on a trigger stop in the CZs'? Do they help or are they needed or possible with a DA trigger?

they are helpful..as the trigger does have some overtravel..

I opted for the SP01 trigger because it brings the trigger back slightly..and it is thinner..I feel this trigger better than I do the 85Combat trigger which has the overtravel stop.

personal choice..

not everyone likes the recurved trigger..as it has a tendency to bite the trigger finger if you have big fingers..

The CZSA is SUPER nice. Did you annodize those grips on you SP01, or paint them?

I'll answer for Stuart (I don't think he'll mind). Angus had a small nummber of colored grips, of which these are a pair. It seems that multiple other colors are available in Europe, but not much other than the standard aluminum has made it to these shores.

I'm on the same squad as Angus at this year's Single Stack. I'm going to talk with him, give him a FFL, and a lot of money and orger a SP-01. Maybe a CZ75SA like eerw's too since it looks so nice and I love all CZs' and their clones.

The CZSA is SUPER nice. Did you annodize those grips on you SP01, or paint them?

I'll answer for Stuart (I don't think he'll mind). Angus had a small nummber of colored grips, of which these are a pair. It seems that multiple other colors are available in Europe, but not much other than the standard aluminum has made it to these shores.

Cool. I was thinking of having a set annodized here locally and I can't hang with the silver look.

Jeff

not everyone likes the recurved trigger..as it has a tendency to bite the trigger finger if you have big fingers..

I have noticed this with my SP01 Custom I bought from Angus, but only after 300+ rounds at practice. It will make you VERY conscious of finger placement on the trigger in very short order. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Stuart,

What are your thoughts on the tactical sight vs the competition sight? They look to be the same sight with the corners knocked off on the tactical. Is that the case or is it a really different sight picture?

Thanks!

CZ75 SA converted to DA

CZ custom comp hammer

action job by Matt..

still has FPB in place.

trigger is 6# to 6.5# DA and right around 2# SA

CZ tactical rear sight and plain black front .100 and serrated.

CZ aluminum grips

Ext ambi thumb safeties

CZ ext mag release.

SP01 trigger

grip tape

steel guide rod

11# recoil / 13# hammer spring

beveled magwell

Stuart,

What are your thoughts on the tactical sight vs the competition sight? They look to be the same sight with the corners knocked off on the tactical. Is that the case or is it a really different sight picture?

Thanks!

Kevin..

its the same sight as the competition sight but like you said..with the corners knocked off..

personally I like it better..it doesn't jab you in the side when holster..I wear my gun up..not in a DOH holster.. and it lets you see a little more around the rear sight..

kind of like have a stock bomar rear vs. knocking the corners off of one..

both are nice..as I used the competition rear until Angus came out with this one...then I switched all my sights to this.

• 4 months later...

Hey eerw - I've seen the emails from JA on this, but wonder whether he really understood that the CZ75B and CZ75SA differ by more than just DA/SA versus SA only - it seems that the difference between the frames and the slide profiles would be enough to sink the deal. Granted, I see no reason why such a conversion could not ultimately be approved if the paperwork and other requirements to make the list where fulfilled. Just my $0.02.

While we're on the topic of CZ Frankenguns, I've been wondering if you are allowed to swap the slide of one approved gun onto the frame of another - say a 75B slide running on an SP01 frame - and stay USPSA Production legal. Note - this is a bit more than swapping minor parts between approved guns so it may not fall under the often used rule covering that topic. The reason for wanting this set up is that the CZ75B slide is about 10% lighter (40g) than the SP01 slide so it will cycle faster and recoil a bit less. You can't make lightening slide cuts in your SP01 (and stay Production legal) but this could achieve the same result. I emailed JA about this but never received an answer.

Anyways, something to think about.

Edited by double_pedro

Hey eerw - I've seen the emails from JA on this, but wonder whether he really understood that the CZ75B and CZ75SA differ by more than just DA/SA versus SA only - it seems that the difference between the frames and the slide profiles would be enough to sink the deal. Granted, I see no reason why such a conversion could not ultimately be approved if the paperwork and other requirements to make the list where fulfilled. Just my $0.02.

While we're on the topic of CZ Frankenguns, I've been wondering if you are allowed to swap the slide of one approved gun onto the frame of another - say a 75B slide running on an SP01 frame - and stay USPSA Production legal. Note - this is a bit more than swapping minor parts between approved guns so it may not fall under the often used rule covering that topic. The reason for wanting this set up is that the CZ75B slide is about 10% lighter (40g) than the SP01 slide so it will cycle faster and recoil a bit less. You can't make lightening slide cuts in your SP01 (and stay Production legal) but this could achieve the same result. I emailed JA about this but never received an answer.

Anyways, something to think about.

DP..I thought the same thing. I had emailed JA a couple of times, and then another CZ shooter did the same and JA seemed to be good with it. I talked it over with Angus and Matt, and Angus had said he had run this gun before the SP01. I have run this gun at a couple regional matches with no issues during chrono or from match officials. I guess the ultimate test would be to have the gun pulled at Nationals and have JA see it FTF.