Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

End of year awards

Wha are some of the best end of year/league season/match awards (what ever you want to call them) that you have seen and or recieved? We are at a point in my local club that we have enough participation to do year end aggregates for 2008 and I need some ideas. I like how South Carolina gives a belt buckle to the state champ at their match. What other things have you seen? Pictures of them would also be nice.

This was taken last weekend at our Point Series Banquet. I graciously won Limited Division as seen here and a slot to next year's nats. There was also a chance to win a gun in a raffle that was included with the entry. Dinner was covered with what I ordered to eat and had good time chit chatting with fellow shooters. I will be entering next year as well. Just haven't decided what Division to shoot! ;)

WI_Section_Lim_Winner_Jay_Rock_crop.jpg

We used to do this back in England. All through the year we would charge some extra money for end of year awards. We'd book a restaurant or something and about 20 of us would gather with husbands/wives and have a Christmas dinner and dish out some awards in each division/class. It was always great fun. I wish I had taken some pictures of them.

Maybe I should suggest this for our Eastern Colorado Section next year. We have a section championships (a series of matches at each club in the region). It would be nice to gat together at the end of the year for a party...

We are still small compared to many clubs, but I expect participation from at least 30 shooters(maybe more we have about 75 people total that shoot during the year) with a budget of about $1000 with 3 divisions being recognized(maybe 4) last year we had the most shooters in production followed by limited and then Limited 10. I figure a HOA in each and then 3 deep after that. Most of our guys are unclassified/non USPSA members. They just want to shoot and this is their main match each month. We did get a new gun donated as a give away for the end of the year. Every month they shoot their name goes in the drawing. The VP and I both like the idea of a jacket, but we only have about 2 weeks a year it could be worn. We are trying to come up with some other ideas as well.

Edited by Fireant

Ant,

Although we can't wear them year-around, jackets are still nice, unless they have a huge ugly armadillo on the back... :) A nice jacket that can be worn to the office.

To me the thing against belt buckles is that I don't like the western look so might as well get a plaque, unless the buckle can be done more along the lines of regular casual attire. HERE is a product that if you can find someone to engrave or laser-etch the buckle, would make a great award, actually a buckle that can be worn.

Other ideas would be a tastefully-embroidered range bag or a nicely inscribed "CAPS '08 TOP GUN" leather holster. What say ye?

I like that. Kenny and I discussed a range bag on the way home Saturday. A usable buckle is nice. We do have someone that bought a brand new laser engraver at our disposal. And I do still like the jacket idea. Any ideas about what type of jacket would be great(meaning some pictures).

Another idea would be "THE ULTIMATE" gift for serious gadget/toy lovers: A KNIFE!! A nice laser engraved folder.

I belive that laser-etcher close to us hasn't worked since day one... :(

Well kind of, but they have the tech guy on it now.

Another idea would be "THE ULTIMATE" gift for serious gadget/toy lovers: A KNIFE!! A nice laser engraved folder.

or a cool :ph34r:TACTICAL :ph34r: flashlight...

Check 5.11, Woolrich and Blackhawk products for jackets. Talk to Jack Suber, he's got a good apparel connection.

Our local IDPA MD gave out year end plaques at a banquet with open spots for many tags and an engraved brass tag to place on it. The idea being each year that you place you get another engraved tag to put on it. They came out nice and seemed well received. I however got skunked as I spent half the season shooting strong hand only. :blink:

He also had drawings for prizes, like flashlights, knives, and other trinkets. It was a nice touch.

Edited by Greg Bell

Our crew won the the NC Governors Cup for billfishing a couple of years

ago. I received a beautiful monogrammed jacket and a matching sea bag.

While I wouldn't take anything for the jacket, the sea bag is with me every

time I step on a boat.

I belive that laser-etcher close to us hasn't worked since day one...

That baby's cookin' now, we've been burnin' stuff for the last two days trying to get it all done before it quits again!

As for the aggregate awards, I had some other ideas but most of them were only legal in Nevada......