Being a New England Patriot fan.

Jman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too have lived (and died) watching the Pats since 75 when I was stationed in New London, CT.

Very proud of "my" team.

Boz, how COULD you fall asleep with 4 1/2 minutes left. Shame on you. :lol:

Now the Vike's need a win today in Denver.

What I like is,,, the fact that while the patsies are a good team thier coach bill ballsack is just that. Not to mention the fact they have played in the weakest division, the afc east. 6 easy wins against loosing teams. They have dodged several bullets this year and when they were in my house, the Hoosier Dome, we had them by the throat but let them back in. They won. Like I said they are a good team and you cant give them a chance to get back in the game.

Its gonna be a bitter pill when they get bounced from the playoffs. I predict (which will get you a cup of coffee along with a dollar) that the jags will take the sqealers and beat the patsies or at least beat them up. We will deal with SD and either beat jags at home or come take ballsacks lunch money in front of kraft.

I love the NFL.

BTW last nite we mailed in a game against the titans and the clowns fans are absolutley howling how we, the Colts, screwed them. The fans of the mistake on the lake have always been a few points down on the bell curve if ya know whut I mean. :cheers:

Yea you are correct the Patriots are a good team.

The Patriots played 6 playoff teams going 6-0:

San Diego by 24 points

Dallas in Dallas by 21 points

Washington by 45 points

Indy in Indy by 4 points

Pittsburg by 21 points

NYG in NJ by 3 points

I think Indy played 7 playoff teams going 4-3, but I’d say it’s a good team too.

With all of Indy’s players back it should be a good game if the Patriots and Indy meet in the playoffs.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Yea you are correct the Patriots are a good team.

The Patriots played 6 playoff teams going 6-0:

San Diego by 24 points

Dallas in Dallas by 21 points

Washington by 45 points

Indy in Indy by 4 points

Pittsburg by 21 points

NYG in NJ by 3 points

I think Indy played 7 playoff teams going 4-3, but I’d say it’s a good team too.

With all of Indy’s players back it should be a good game if the Patriots and Indy meet in the playoffs.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I still maintain the pats have had a easy path this year. I wish we had as well but the rubber is about to meet the road! I have to say one of the best games I have ever seen was the AFC game last year and yes Im a LOOONNNGGG time season ticket holder.

If it comes to the grudge match so be it cause like last year that WAS the super bowl.

I can remember the pats and indy and the fish beating the crap out of each other for years before the split. the jets are like the iraq air force,,,,, full of left over crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long for me to reply.

I still maintain the pats have had a easy path this year.---tnek

The Patriots 2007 opponents had a 119-121 record against the rest of the league. That means that their opponents were pretty average against the rest of the league.

The 2007 Patriots played 6 teams that won at least 10 games and three of those games were on the road. They played the best two remaining teams in the league, Dallas and Indy, at their stadiums. That is they played two 13-3 teams on the road.

They arguably played the remaining 1st, 2nd and 4th best teams in the AFC and the 1st, 4th and 6th best teams in the NFC. I don’t think that is an ”easy path.”

And the path gets harder tomorrow evening. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Edited by jkelly

Bummer. That was the last game in the Hoosier Dome too boot. Next year new stadium. I just want to keep our coach from retiring.

I'm not looking for excuses but Dwight Freeny's loss was the difference maker for the Colts during this run. Good football players are easy to replace. GREAT football players are impossible to replace. Manning has LOTS of gas left in his tank. Look for them to contend for the title again next season.

Jim M

2 to go.

When the Chargers beat the Colts, the Pats won the Superbowl. It should be good for Farve to play in the Superbowl against the Patriots.

As much of a Pats fan as I am (since the Boston Patriots days) I would not go out on a limb like that ;) Brett Farve has a proven track record of knowing how to win. If it is the Pats and the Pak, it will be too close to call.

Last week I was cheering on the BOLTS. This week I am hoping for a Giants win. I really want to see the Pats sak Elie at least three times :cheers:

2 to go.

When the Chargers beat the Colts, the Pats won the Superbowl. It should be good for Farve to play in the Superbowl against the Patriots.

As much of a Pats fan as I am (since the Boston Patriots days) I would not go out on a limb like that ;) Brett Farve has a proven track record of knowing how to win. If it is the Pats and the Pak, it will be too close to call.

Last week I was cheering on the BOLTS. This week I am hoping for a Giants win. I really want to see the Pats sak Elie at least three times :cheers:

I like Favre, he has a lot of heart and is a tough opponent, but his "prime" went away a couple of years ago. Eli is no Payton and we know what happened to the Colts. But what can you say when you have THE greatest QB in the NFL, and when the Pats win the Superbowl, Brady will probably the the GOAT and no doubt will be in the Hall of Fame.

The Chargers game sure made the Patriots look beatable.---bountyhunter

The Patriots are absolutely beatable and Brady looked terrible in the cold and wind. They seem to be a warmer weather team and have not down well on cold windy days this year. Yet they gained almost 350 yards and had 25 first downs while not giving up a touchdown and allowing only 12 points. While that’s not too shabby who knows what would have happened if the Chargers top three players were not hurt.

Are the Patriots beatable? Yes. Will they be beaten? Maybe if they can’t get any pressure on Manning.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Are the Patriots beatable? Yes. Will they be beaten? Maybe if they can’t get any pressure on Manning.

Respectfully,

jkelly

1 more to go!!

I would post more, however, I am off to get a photo with the Red Sox World Series trophy this afternoon!

It IS a good time to be a sports fan in New England.

Edited by maineshootah

Respectfully,

jkelly

1 more to go!!

I would post more, however, I am off to get a photo with the Red Sox World Series trophy this afternoon!

OK this is too funny.

First congrats on your teams.

Now the funny part.... I was going to make some smarta$$ comment about the Bruins but then saw they swept my NY Rangers this weekend in a home-home series so guess what... I'll just sit back, shut-up and hope Giants can win the SB.

:cheers:

Respectfully,

jkelly

1 more to go!!

2 hours in line, my nephew had about a dozen pictures taken of him, and I just had to put on a face for my fellow BE'ers.

Enjoy!

post-6125-1200950701.jpg

I'll just sit back, shut-up and hope Giants can win the SB.---Pas44

For me, as a New England Patriots fan, this has been the absolutely least enjoyable season ever. Every week there has been the fear of losing and breaking the streak. If they had lost early in the season I could have just enjoyed the games and be worried now about just losing the SB instead of having the streak ended at 18 games.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Amazing. They can suck and still figure out a way to win. And yeah. An 18-1 season would be considered a disaster. I was in Glendale (super bowl site) last week and took a peak at the playing surface. Looks to be a very fast track. Will see. If the Giants can contain Maroney, Faulk, Evans, Gaffney, Welker, Stallworth, K. Brady, Watson, Moss and, oh yeah Tom Brady they have a legitimate shot it. :) Anyway, may the best team win.

Jim M

The Chargers game sure made the Patriots look beatable. They really did not diminate the way a super team would, IMHO. They don't seem to be able to stop the run consistently.

I have to agree with you for this game. The Chargers played a very good game. Unfortunately not quite good enough.

If the Pats play the same in the Super Bowl, they may end up with their first loss.