Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bikers...

-JQ-

Truth be told I'm more afraid on the road, than on a cliff. And I'm always afraid of scratching the paint on my road bike, too.

Training on the road really helps in the woods...

...and track guys on the road...what the...I need my brakes

OK, I blew it with my rebuttal in the Hate thread. My bad. It touched a nerve and I posted in a near fit of rage. See a few years ago a group was doing a ride down river road and a redneck in a pickup plowed through the group. Killed two and injured several. I've done that ride and that easily could have been me. I have a very low tolerance for motorists who don't respect those of the two wheeled persuasion whether human or motor powered. I tend to cop an attitude when people try to kill me.

Never had the opportunity to do the dirt. Even in my motorcycle days I gravitated toward pavement. Maybe its what we were exposed to first? I do marvel at the technology of todays mountain bikes. Road bikes pretty much haven't changed in the last 50 years. Sure there have been advances in materials but the basic road bike hasn't changed in a long time. Want to get to the bleeding edge of what is new in bicycling? See what the dirt guys are doing.

I do marvel at the technology of todays mountain bikes. Road bikes pretty much haven't changed in the last 50 years. Sure there have been advances in materials but the basic road bike hasn't changed in a long time.

Yep I've been riding hydraulic disk brakes for 3 years now. I would like to see those more on road bikes...they are coming. I still prefer the ride of my hardtail with respect to handling and response.

I do marvel at the technology of todays mountain bikes. Road bikes pretty much haven't changed in the last 50 years. Sure there have been advances in materials but the basic road bike hasn't changed in a long time.

Yep I've been riding hydraulic disk brakes for 3 years now. I would like to see those more on road bikes...they are coming. I still prefer the ride of my hardtail with respect to handling and response.

Love the hardtail - 29er.

Desert trails for adrenalin and blood.

Road for cardio and a great ride.

Are the big hoops that much better? The only one I've ridden seemed to spin up a lot more slowly.

OK, I blew it with my rebuttal in the Hate thread. My bad. It touched a nerve and I posted in a near fit of rage. See a few years ago a group was doing a ride down river road and a redneck in a pickup plowed through the group. Killed two and injured several. I've done that ride and that easily could have been me. I have a very low tolerance for motorists who don't respect those of the two wheeled persuasion whether human or motor powered. I tend to cop an attitude when people try to kill me.

Never had the opportunity to do the dirt. Even in my motorcycle days I gravitated toward pavement. Maybe its what we were exposed to first? I do marvel at the technology of todays mountain bikes. Road bikes pretty much haven't changed in the last 50 years. Sure there have been advances in materials but the basic road bike hasn't changed in a long time. Want to get to the bleeding edge of what is new in bicycling? See what the dirt guys are doing.

Yea, most drivers don't understand that you have just has much right to the road that they do. I'd make a comment about cell phone yammering SUV driving fat bodies but my wife tells me in not a in the army any more and can't make cracks like that.

Are the big hoops that much better? The only one I've ridden seemed to spin up a lot more slowly.

Don't know that they are "better". But in the rough they seem to get me over and across whereas before I might be going down. I'm liking this Karate Monkey setup. My son runs a Kona Hoss Delux

But like the shooting, if it's reliable, it's all good - just preference(or whatever we ended up with).

AVID Mtn Biker here... I ride road to make me faster in the dirt.

2005 Specialized S-Works FSR-120, and 2006 Specialized S-Works EPIC.

I also have a Litspeed Pisgah HT that I dust off every now and again.

My roadie is a Jamis Comet 2005 model.