Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

December

benos

I don't have the question yet, but I can tell you what the prizes will be.

;)

When I was at the Area 2, Gary Smith (Caspian), offered me one of his brand new super-trick 18 round, 40 S&W magazines. I tried to decline - I told him I'd never use it, but he insisted - so we decided I'd give it away on the Forums. The removable baseplate is the coolest design I've ever seen. And I think it's so new that's not even on his website.

But here's the rub. Since that prize is "Caspian-only" - you can play if you don't own a Caspian, but if you win, you must give the magazine to someone who owns a Caspian. And yes that's "give," as in n/c.

:D

Since it wouldn't be fun to play if you wouldn't win anything (if you don't happen to be a Caspian owner), the winner can also pick any item from my Combo Deal page (even if you are a Caspian owner).

So stay tuned for December's question, coming soon.

be

I'm still working with Gary and Matt Mclearn - we'll come up with something tough (I hope).

Gary's first idea was - in what year were both the male and female national and world championships won with Caspians? But I shot that one down because it's just to easy. I knew it was Matt Mclearn but I couldn't remember what year it was... So just to test it I Google'd "matt mclearn" and about the 5th result was my own Links page's link to Matt Mclearns website. :lol: So a quick click there and then to his Bio Page, and there was the answer.

Okay - Matt sent me these 3 questions:

1. What year did Caspian switch from cast slides to barstock slides?

2. What gun manufacturers has Caspian produced parts for?

3. How long has Gary Smith been employed by Caspian?

Considering the benosverse competence-factor, in case those turn out to be too easy - the 4th and final question is:

What is the title of my favorite book?

<_<

Whoever gets the most right will be the winner.

If you don't own a Caspian, and, are not prepared to follow the rub in my initial post:

Since part of the prize is "Caspian-only" - you can play if you don't own a Caspian, but if you win, you must give the magazine to someone who owns a Caspian. And yes that's "give," as in n/c. ;)

... Please don't post any anwsers.

1. What year did Caspian switch from cast slides to barstock slides? 1993

2. What gun manufacturers has Caspian produced parts for? All

3. How long has Gary Smith been employed by Caspian? Has Gary even been anywhere else

Considering the benosverse competence-factor, in case those turn out to be too easy - the 4th and final question is:

What is the title of my favorite book? All things Caspian

<_<

If you don't own a Caspian, and, are not prepared to follow the rub in my initial post:

Since part of the prize is "Caspian-only" - you can play if you don't own a Caspian, but if you win, you must give the magazine to someone who owns a Caspian. And yes that's "give," as in n/c. ;)

Just having fun to start the ball rolling

Good luck to all that play

Alan

Man, no action at all. :(

Should I make them easier?

Okay - how about I answer question #2, just to get the ball rolling.

> 2. What gun manufacturers has Caspian produced parts for?

Answer: I could tell you but then I'd have to kill myself, because I'd be in prison for violating the OEM/customer confidentiality agreement.

I said whoever gets the _most_ right, so the winner might only need to get one right, and they'll win this sweet new high-tech Caspian Mag, and a Combo Deal Page prize. Or maybe you're all just too busy Christmas shopping.

;)

<_<

1. 2006

2. Sig, Wilson, Baer, Springfield Armory, Nighthawk

3. since 1983

4. no clue :unsure:

Alan

<_<

1) 1993

2) Detonics, Randall

3) 1987

4)Practical Shooting Beyond Fundamentals. :lol: Your own book of course.

All of these answers are "wags" of course.

We now have one correct answer.

:cheers:

1993 is correct.

All of these answers are "wags" of course.

Are you sure that was a WAG?!

;)

That was flat out a lucky wag. :surprise:

I think maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

The only answer I had some idea about was wrong but it was Detonics and Randall.