Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mid States Cast Bullets

JimmyZip

I was looking at bullet prices and wondering if any of you had experience with Mid States cast bullets. I shoot a HiPower in 9mm and was looking to get more bullets. The pistol seems to eat whatever I feed it and while I haven't loaded any cast bullets, friends say that they are just fine. So I guess my questions are; Mid States, good or bad? What is better 147gr. or 125gr. I shoot mostly steel. And finally, will there be a better powder for lead? I currently use Titegroup and have wondered if it is the best for lead. Thanks once again for your knowledge. It' nice to know that there are people out there that I can ask these questions and not feel nervous just to ask.

I've never tried Mid States cast bullets but my CZ 85 with cast and Titegroup is a very bad combination. I have serious bullet tumbling issues with that combination. Going (back) to Solo 1000 cured it right up. No more tumbling and much cleaner also.

Personally I prefer 147's.

I just bought bullets from Master Cast ( the one in Illinois). Good bullets and the best price I found. 25% discount on order of 25,000.

I got the 125 TC and use 3.5 grn. titegroup @ 1.125. No tumbling. I had about a 2 week wait, but I would buy these bullets again.

Rik

I just bought bullets from Master Cast ( the one in Illinois). Good bullets and the best price I found. 25% discount on order of 25,000.

I got the 125 TC and use 3.5 grn. titegroup @ 1.125. No tumbling. I had about a 2 week wait, but I would buy these bullets again.

Rik

Hey Rik, discount for 25M huh? Can I ask how much you did pay per 1M? Edited by ferges99

I to have problems with a 145g LRN anf TG with tumbling in my CZ 85. No problem at all with 124g and TG though, except some smoke.

231 is made by Winchester and distributed by Hodgon. HP38 by Hodgon is the same powder.