Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two questions

TannerB

to make a long story short I got some 17 and 22 mags in for a conversion barrel.

1st question can you shoot 9mm from a .40 mag and vice a versa?

2nd question thanks to cdnn throwing in free +2 extensions, do I need to remove or keep the little plastic at the base of the spring? does it make a diffrence?

And thanks to all for answering all my questions I have asked.

Tanner

I'm 99% certain that you can't get .40 to go in a 9 mag....don't bother trying. You can get 9 rounds in a .40 mag, but it's going to cause lots of jams. Not sure about the little plastic part with the +2s.

40 will fit in a 9mm mag, I just can't go out and shoot it right now to see if it works.

Thanks guys.

I never had any luck with high cap 40 mags running with 9.

10 round 40 mags ran fine with 9. YMMV

Like PB said give the freebies a try.

I have a 9mm conversion barrel for my G24, it runs like a dream without changing anything but barrel and mags. The 40 extractor and ejector works fine.

Bring your factory basepads and inserts in your range bag. You'll need them.

I tossed a CDNN extension on a magazine. It flew across the floor the second time it was dropped onto concrete during an indoor IDPA match. Fortunately I didn't have to chase down the spring and follower. I didn't even bother picking up the extension.

If you want a +2, buy a Glock OEM or a Pearce. But don't waste your time with those.

To answer your question, you leave the flat insert plate out of the magazine when using this extension. It's larger than the inside of the extension, so it doesn't fit.

Oh, and just to rub it in, Summit Gun Broker is selling used 22 mags for $10 each, and unlike CDNN, they're actually in stock. OMB Express has better prices on Glock mags than CDNN, too...

Edited by MemphisMechanic

hi guys, i've been thinking about the same thing, but i havent experimented yet for fear of wasting money. so to ask more knowledgable shooters in this forum... :rolleyes: glock 22 magazine, with flat basepad and 9mm follower; do you think it would function in the glock 17? maybe with a little crimping of the magazine feedlips? the whole purpose of this experimentation would be a possible increase in mag capacity. i've maxed out at 18 rounds with the glock 17 mag.

no, tweaking glocks mags is a waste of time and money. simplest solution is to have magazines designed for the gun. everything else is "iffy" at best. use quality mag extension from Dawson or Arredondo to increase capacity.

Jim M

no, tweaking glocks mags is a waste of time and money. simplest solution is to have magazines designed for the gun. everything else is "iffy" at best. use quality mag extension from Dawson or Arredondo to increase capacity.

Jim M

thanks for the reply jim. :cheers: problem is basepads aren't allowed in ipsc production, that's why i'm looking for a way to increase mag capacity using "unconventional" means. :rolleyes:

Last I checked you only get 10 rounds in Production anyway.

In IPSC, not USPSA rules, Production division lets you load up as many as mag will hold.

The G22/G17 mags are same dimensions other than feed lips and where the witness holes for round count are lined up