Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would you use it for?

Round_Gun_Shooter

I have a 586 with a 8 3/8" barrel and I don't know how it shoots as I have never shot it. The only reason I bought it is because the blued gun with that long barrel just looks cool. B)

I was up in Oregon shooting picket pins a few years back with a guy using a 8 3/8 Smith 14 or 15, it was pure hell on thos elittle things.

May as well hold on to it since one day soon S&W can be counted on to stop making the 686 altogether.

Dave Sinko

Just to clarify, I don't own it, I probably will never own it as it is up for sale locally on consignment and is overpriced by about $150

I was just wondering what it could do that my 6" 19 couldn't.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Gary

May as well hold on to it since one day soon S&W can be counted on to stop making the 686 altogether.

Dave Sinko

Just to clarify, I don't own it, I probably will never own it as it is up for sale locally on consignment and is overpriced by about $150

Happy Thanksgiving,

Gary

IN THAT CASE. What can it do your 6" 19 can't, cost you a bunch more money just to have it. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving

If it is pre-MIM, all steel, has a one piece barrel with normal rifling and is devoid of a lock then I'm starting to believe it's worth $150 more. If you like the frame size and the caliber, you can have the long barrel cut down to any length your heart desires.

Dave Sinko

If it is pre-MIM, all steel, has a one piece barrel with normal rifling and is devoid of a lock then I'm starting to believe it's worth $150 more. If you like the frame size and the caliber, you can have the long barrel cut down to any length your heart desires.

Dave Sinko

<_< use a Hack saw with a new blade and a file to clean up the cut.

How primitive. I have a SawZall :surprise:

So do I but its hard to get the SawZall up next to the holster to control the barrel length

Besides Chicks dig ...Primitive... = that s the only way I could catch one

Dave Sinko

Happy Thanksgiving,

Gary

For one the L frame is a lot stronger, and the preferred frame for building a Bianchi revolver. K frame guns like your Model 19, will not hold up to Bianchi loads when using jacketed bullets, L frames will.

Secondly, some of the best years that Jerry Miculek has had a Bianchi were shooting an 8 3/8" barrel metallic sight gun. Several others shooters have done very well at BC with 8 3/8" revos.

Third, How much do they want for the gun, and where is it?

Martin