Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

want a custom limited gun

nu2ipsc

That brazos was up on the classifieds forever. Let us know how it shoots when the 10 day waiting period is up.

I know man, I been watchin it for quite a while. last sunday he had it on the USPSA boards for $4000.. thats when I attacked him w the haggle! It will be a few days as he is in Norcal and I'm in Vegas, waiting for my new CA DL. to arrive in a day or so from last week when I was in CA last. I will have to drive up north to swipe the DL, and come back w my HCSC to reteive it after the 10 day wait. Then I have to move everything out of Vegas and register all my Nv. guns w the CA DOJ. what a task! but if you ask me, well worth it!

I will definately let you know how she runs when I get her.

Is a Custom ordered sight tracker built by reputable gunsmiths? do they go the extra mile to tune them or are they just mass produced like an Edge? I dont want to wait until spring/summer to practice. My boyfriends gunsmith who built his gun no longer builds guns anymore. He says to have JV Dynamics build me what I want from a frame we aquire in the state. it might take a while to find a new full length frame here, and I want to have a gun built as close to the new year as possible. When I priced the parts for the gun I want it was over $2000. The Gun I want from SV is built for just under $3000. What to do? I'm driving my boyfriend nuts and he thinks he knows everything, but I want my gun soon, and I want a custom sight tracker!!! Why does he get to have the gun he wants, but I might have to settle? Wrong forum! sorry.. HS, will my boyfriend be jealous if I get this gun vs. his recommendation? Are they as nice as they look on their website? Do they function flawlessly and feel good and soft to shoot? sorry for all the questions.

I think someone already stated it but all SV's are custom. I have 2 sight trackers and an older Longdustcover gun and they have never had a failure to run what I could attribute to bad ammo. I promise you if you get any SV limited gun regardless of design it will run 100% given good ammo and mags. :P

better start savin your money... cause i'm not payin for it! I would listen to HSmith. He Says go full custom, which is what I been telling you all month. All you like is the slide and barrel.. not exactly the reason to buy the whole gun from infinity..

:rolleyes:

SV shooter, I have full custom guns,I have a Dawson signature limited and it is a great gun,but so are the SV sighttrackkers. I culd easily pickup either and shoot them with complete confidence in the gun, (the shoooter is another story) I have full custom open guns that have taken a well known shooter to the top 5 in the open nationals, but they arent as good as the imm open gun I purchased last year. I am not against a custom builder, far from it, but if you buy a SV you can buy it with confidence and they will support it 100% long after the purchase. I cannot say that about their competition anymore. If your choice is a factory edge or eagle and a custom built gun, Then I agree, go find a good smith and build custom.

point taken, however your missing the point here. the idea was to fool my ex to take my tuned edge with the "cosmetics" She likes. She wont even shoot a single match! I'm tellin ya, I agree w ya. I want one myself, trust me!! I just dont want to have to come out of pocket to buy an ex a new custom gun that she does not absolutely need as the only match It'll ever be used, will be one I'm shooting in! I say a compromise should be made... If she wants the sight tracker, we will negotiate the functioality and asthetic of the gun, as long as she sells one of her $2500.00 hand bags to split the cost of the gun.. :lol:

The answer is make sure you know what you want before purchasing anyting.

The SV is a great platform for a limited gun, get it built exactly as you want it from the start, it's way more expensive to modify and add things at a later date.

My personal advise is to talk with Derek Janowitz of Millenium Custom, he will build you the best SV limited gun you will ever want for. Sight tracker or what ever you desire.

point taken, however your missing the point here. the idea was to fool my ex to take my tuned edge with the "cosmetics" She likes. She wont even shoot a single match! I'm tellin ya, I agree w ya. I want one myself, trust me!! I just dont want to have to come out of pocket to buy an ex a new custom gun that she does not absolutely need as the only match It'll ever be used, will be one I'm shooting in! I say a compromise should be made... If she wants the sight tracker, we will negotiate the functioality and asthetic of the gun, as long as she sells one of her $2500.00 hand bags to split the cost of the gun.. :lol:

I understand your delima, I have an agreement with my wife(and it has worked for 23 years) she gets a toy and then I get a toy. Toys are defined as anything not necessary for the household or daily life, and cannot be readily shared with the spouse. I get a gun, she gets jewelery, I get a rifle she gets better wardrobe. I am lucky theat she doesnt believe in the high end name brands for clothes, but she still dresses very nice. Jewelery on the other hand she is a picky thing. I also get to through vehicles into the mix of toys with her as I am supplied with a car from the company I work for, so when she wants a new car then I get something new for the hobby. In the case of getting a new gun then I see your point about getting her to use one of your existing guns. Get her a purple grip and purple CR gear hardchrome the gun and add some trick machine work to the slide and make it unique. Get her imput in it so she feels like its all hers and hopefully you should have made this comprimise. 2500 for a handbag, you gotta be kidding me. :surprise:

$2500 for a handbag is a discount when it keeps a 7k ring off that finger... and then what follows. :ph34r:

Where is she at? figured she would of opened her coffin by now... :P

If we can come to agreement on a new sight tracker, than we might just do it.. I know if she ever wants to sell it, I will be first in line.. :devil:

$2500 for a handbag is a discount when it keeps a 7k ring off that finger... and then what follows. :ph34r:

Where is she at? figured she would of opened her coffin by now... :P

If we can come to agreement on a new sight tracker, than we might just do it.. I know if she ever wants to sell it, I will be first in line.. :devil:

Actually the diamond market is soft right now as 1 of the gun ranges customers that shoots there every week informedus. He runs a high end jewelery shop and carries some rediculous stuff and has 2 full time jewlers making custom jewelery. He wont even quote diamond prices until your serious as the market is up and down that much. I sometimes feel sorry for his burden :rolleyes:. At least a diamond holds it value better than most of the other items we buy in life. Good luck on the gun build and hope she out shoots you. :D

I wish I never opened my mouth. After droppin about $5k on the Brazos, dies, brass, powder, bullets for 38s., new cr belt w limcat ambi magpouches, and HSMith tuned mags, just for the Brazos, I submitted the final design for your Sight tracker, and am awaiting to hear from Brandon first thing for the $1000 deposit on the $3700 limited gun! Thats $1100 more than the gun I was gonna give you!!! Their went my fat free 6" this month. Good thing we sold that house! because now that I blew this chunk I might be taping IPSC targets and a dillon 650 box together to make my next house! anyone got a plastic tarp and sleeping bag??? :mellow:

Sarah, Christmas might be comin early for me, but that gun wont be ready for 3-5 months... sell that purse yet??? :P

My daughters run cross country. In six years they have never picked appropriate shoes. They always pick on looks not function. Many muscle related injuries and medical bills later they now pick on function first. I don't want to start anything I'm just saying that men and women think differently and that's what makes us attracted to the opposite sex. Now with that said. Call brownells and get a current catalog. Pick a good lower and upper and barrel. In fact pick all parts. Send the parts to the most reputable smith you know. I've heard good things about Hsmith. Also Gary Natale at Gans Enterprise on the web.

You'll save tons of money. Your gun will be better and less expensive than any factory assembled guns and you won't have near the medical bills...errr gunsmith bills in the long run. You will come to love what works, anything else will eventually be despised (no matter how pretty) Just my .02 cents.