Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best way to attach cord to bipod

Yar1180

Looking for something cleaner and better than just knotting some para cord to the bipod legs. Had something similar to this and when I gave it a yank during a match one end popped off. Small knott cut too close to the end I guess. Whatever, who got a better mousetrap?

Take about 18 in of para cord, tie a overhand knot at both ends, burn the tags, tie a hangmans noose at eack end with 4 or 5 coils. Slip it over the legs and pull snug. Put it on, take it off, put it on take it off over and over. I made two of these years ago, still useing the same ones.---------Larry

• 5 weeks later...
if you want i could send you specs and better pics of my Bipod Flipper.

PM if your interested

There was a product called the "Pod Rod" out there 8 or 9 years ago that was almost identical. I tried looking for one a few years later and couldn't find them any more. Neat idea, though.

There was a product called the "Pod Rod" out there 8 or 9 years ago that was almost identical.

I have one in a box somewhere. It was "cool", but... I switched to cord and never looked back. The pod-rod got in the way in several ways (like, no way to brace on a window-sill without it either getting in the way or trying to open the bipod). At the end of the day, simpler was better.

ymmv.

b

Paracord needs to have the ends flamed till they ball up and harden. After that the ends will not pull through the knot. Mine has stayed on like this for almost 8 years. The pod-rod sux! I have a couple in my junk box 2. Bruce is right, keep it simple ;)

Take about 18 in of para cord, tie a overhand knot at both ends, burn the tags, tie a hangmans noose at eack end with 4 or 5 coils. Slip it over the legs and pull snug. Put it on, take it off, put it on take it off over and over. I made two of these years ago, still useing the same ones.---------Larry

Pictures please?

This worked. I did a search on wiki and they even had some good images to tie the knots. Looks clean and working well for me thanks.

This worked. I did a search on wiki and they even had some good images to tie the knots. Looks clean and working well for me thanks.

Links?