Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 8 Championship

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished putting stage 1 together. I'm uploading it right now to Google. Should be ready to view by tomorrow. Nothing fancy, just shooting. Don't have the time to do anything more than that.

Featured shooters

Matt Cheely

Joe Robinson

Thomas Moore

Travis Tomasie

KC Eusebio

Manny Bragg

Steve Moneypenny

Kyle Farris

Lesgar Murdock

Chad Rausch :cheers: Area 8 Revolver Champion

and of course a video of me

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

Where can the pic's and video's be found?

Read the thread, several members have posted individual pictures and some have posted links (alan and myself) where other photos can be found.

I know there were a ton of pictures taken and I didn't see that many in this post.

Edited by Nik Habicht

Where can the pic's and video's be found?

Read the thread, several members have posted individual pictures and some have posted links (alan and myself) where other photos can be found.

I know there were a ton of pictures taken and I didn't see that many in this post.

nphd2000,

He wasn't being smart, the link to the pics are in this thread. Go back and read it and you will find the links to the pics.

For whatever reason Google uploader is having fits. I have 7 stages done but can't upload them right now. I'll try later on this weekend when the server is hopefully up and running.

Flyin

Okay, back in business. I should have some up and running tonight

Flyin

Edited to update

Well I uploaded 4 stages and all are done processing but I can't view any of them. I haven't messed with this since last yr but from what I remember its pretty easy. I used the Windows movie maker to edit and save. Maybe Google is just taking its time.

I won't post anymore until they can be viewed whenever I have the time to figure it out.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

"A very special thanks to the gal in the pink Glock shirt that handed out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to the RO's after her squad shot on Sunday. :D "

This was me that was handing out the "RO sugar high". This was my first BIG Match, and the way I shot, I should have handed out the cookies BEFORE SHOOTING the stage!!! (kinda like RO bribery)!!

For the people that know us, (me & the hubby), from NJ, they all know, that for IPSC matches, (and any other type of a "big" match like World Class Steel, Glock, etc.), I always bake cookies. I started doing it because of my back problem, and not being able to do much "stage work," when I shoot,,,,,,,,,,so, since the "between shoot work". :, adds too much physical work for me to be able to shoot the entire day, I bake cookies! It sure seems to help!

I also, would like to THANK, all of the crew that was involved, with the Area 8 shoot. You all took such great care, of EVERYBODY. Although I didn't eat the meals at the range, (I'm a wacky vegetarian,,,,,yeah, yeah, I know,,,,,,,,they make fun of me ALL the time), the amount of food and care that went into preparing it was very impressive.

And, since I have only been at this sport, for a little over 18 months,,,,,,,nervous is an understatement of how I was feeling,,,,,,,,it lasted the ENTIRE day. I was waiting for it to, "calm down",,,,,,,,but it didn't. So, even though I shot terrible,,,,,,,I had a WONDERFUL time, (I'm so glad that my regular "shooting buddies" talked me into going now). Everything from the weather, the people,,,,,,,,,,,the rather difficult stages, (difficult for me, at least), were just wonderful. I had a GREAT time, (until I had to do the "bed" stage,,,,,,,,,,not good for somebody with a back problem!). So, even though I could barely walk, after Stage 1, I'm very proud of myself, for being able to stick it out, and finish all eleven stages, (the most I have ever shot in a day). It wasn't easy,,,,,but I would do it again, in a heartbeat.

Big KUDOS to the ENTIRE crew at Area 8 and USPSA, for making my first "BIG MATCH", such a great experience! For it is people like this, that turned me into, an IPSC shooter. EVERYBODY has always been, just so nice and helpful,,,,,,,,, (down right, GOOD PEOPLE). Like I stated before, my shooting skills can improve greatly, yet the people that I have been lucky enough to shoot with and meet, have honestly made the IPSC "fields", feel like home to me. It certainly is reason enough, to bake cookies!

With that said,,,,I have just enough time to rest before heading back out to York, PA for Summer Blast!! And I cannot wait,,,,,,,,,,,,MAN, I LOVE THIS

SPORT!!!!!!

"Remember Edward, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies"

Just wanted to say that this was my first time working a big match and I would like to let Ron and his staff know that they did an excellent job. I will use this experience as a good example of what to do when running a large event. So, with that said, Ron, if you need help with a future match, count me in.

Matt

Flyin40,

Good to meet you finally. :cheers:

Was wondering, did you get stage 11 anywhere ?

Hop

Its posted in the gallery. Because the site was down I didn't get to add it. Its past the time to edit so its in a post further down in the thread.

Flyin