Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision's

billdncn

Round noses for me. Actually called RNFP because of the flat on the nose. These are what I use in 170 gr .40 for my limited gun and 200 gr .45 for my revolver and autoloader.

I understand that the JMB design was for a round nosed, hardball round. I know that some guns are set up for wadcutters and semi-wadcutters. For me the pretty hole isn't worth the potential feed problems.

FWIW

dj

I have never had problems with SWCs feeding in my Springer and Para Ord. I have put ten's of thousands of rds through both in the last 12 yrs or so.I suppose a Series 70 or 80 Colt or some of the Mil -Spec 1911 copies would have problems if they have not had reliabilty work done to them.

I have always had good luck with the H&G #68 style SWC feeding. I've had problems with other's in the past.

Judging by the picture, the Precision looks like it should feed fine for me. I love there 230 gr. RNF, but I was wanting to try the little snappier recoil of a 200 grainer.

I needed some fast, so I just ordered some Laser Cast to try. Precision is pretty backed up. Perhaps I'll try there 200 gr. RNF next.

Thanks

I'm really starting to love swc too. Now that the Kimber is nice and broken in, it seems to feed anything. Right now I have some 185gr swc I'm using with good accuracy... and I'll be testing some 200gr swc this coming week.

+1 on the H&G #68. Never met a 1911 it wouldn't feed reliably in.

Been shooting this style of bullet for several years now. I have great results from www.magnnusbullets.com and www.bulletworks.com

I have put thousands and thousands of these downrange in my Nowlin. Excellent reliability and accuracy from them.

I load 4.3 grains of clays for a 169pf with a Winchester lp primer. I can get less than one inch groups at 25 yards with them, never had a feeding problem. They do smoke a little, but

nothing that I have ever been distracted by, even shooting thru barrels as ports.

It gives a quick snap compared to a 230 gr which I like. I use a 14 pound recoil spring (ismi one)

I also like the big round holes that the swc makes especially one close targets where I can see my hits and make up a shot.

here are videos of me shooting this so you can see the smoke

http://www.youtube.com/jakemartens

200 grain semiwadcutter is THE bullet that caused feeding trouble and resulted in so many 1911's getting "reliability jobs"

we are shooting steel and paper targets. we have target overlays and there are not 50 or so bullet holes in one target. the need for clean cut bullet holes in paper targets has all but been eliminated.

get the round nose for reliability.

Harmon